Best Delay Pedal??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gibson08, Oct 5, 2008.

1. gibson08

gibson08 Member

Hey everyone! Looking for a Top Quality delay pedal, needs to go from a very light echo to a decent amount of delay, most of the time I use pedals in very minor amounts so it needs to be able to do this, I prefer something that easily fits on my board, just looking for a pedal not a 1000.00 delay box!! Thanks in advance for all the help!! I am curious about the MP Deep Blue Delay.

2. Michael T

Michael T Member

I'm a minimalist when it comes to delay. I like the Maxon AD9.

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Senior Member

I think the DBD is way overhyped and way overpriced IMHO. I can recommend the Wampler Analog Echo as an excellent delay. You can control the tone of the repeats which is a really nice feature, and it doesn't sound digital, or too dark like some analog delays. As always, try out a bunch in person to compare before you blindly reach for your wallet...

4. shngn7

shngn7 Member

MXR Carbon Copy.

5. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

Analogman DD5 or the donnerbox spatial. both have been on my boards for a few years now, am totally happy to gig with either one, but i need at least one of these two on my board at all time.

6. Purplexi

Purplexi Member

Dr Scientist "Sunny Day Delay" is a said to be tone friendly for $215.

7. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Member

+1 on the green and Gilmourish...

8. 95strat

95strat Member

Nova delay is $250. I really like it. 9 programmable settings with a decent number of features including tap tempo or set to a specific tempo if needed.

9. retrokid

retrokid Member

Either the Nova delay or the Eventide Time Factor. Both are not "$1000 delay boxes." :)

10. Blueser

Blueser Member

If you are going to spend the cash on a MP DBD, then you should definitely check out the Retro-Sonic Analog Delay.

The new version has 800ms of delay, and costs around $300. It has a long/short footswitch as well. It essentially doubles the amount of time on your short delay setting, so that you have the versatility to setting a nice slap back echo, and then step on the switch to get a longer more spacey sound.

I have tried many analog delays, and digital delays with analog tone settings, and this on is far and away the best one I have come across. Pure, old school vibe, with a perfect decay on the notes. I love it!

11. Qman87

Qman87 Member

12. guitarbanshee89

guitarbanshee89 Member

What about the new Digitech DL-8? I currently have a DD-7 with a tap tempo foot pedal...and I am thinking about replacing it with the DL-8 how much should I sell the the DD-7 and Tap tempo for?

13. hathisisfunnyha

hathisisfunnyha Member

Digilog by Freakshow is well worth the money
    AD9 Pro is a killer versatile pedal
    Diamond Memory lane is killer too
    and you can't beat Moog

14. 56_Special

56_Special Member

Nothing sounds better than a vintage Boss DM-2. They can be had cheaper than some of the boutique boxes mentioned. If tone is your primary concern (as opposed to features or delay time) your search can stop there. YMMV.

15. iualum

iualum Member

...the DD-20 is still a tremendous box & you can find them for a nice price in used mint shape....

16. clothwiring

clothwiring Supporting Member

I know this isn't going to be the answer you're looking for, but an older DD-3 is what sits on my board and I bought it used cheap. I love it. I've been eyeing one of those DD-7 with TT.

17. Stratman76

Stratman76 Member

+ 1. For $150, I don't see a better analogue delay value out there.

18. Andre357

Andre357 Member

The DD7 into the Carbon copy is the best ONE, TWO punch for small delay pedals..........

19. m@2

m@2 Member

diamond memory lane is my choice

20. gibson08

gibson08 Member

The Carbon Copy seems to be pretty popular, but I recall reading quite a few complaints about tone and variuous noises, all of those bugs worked out??? The price and the simplicity sounds great!