Best Delay Pedals?(in your opinion)

xmugshotx

Tell me your favourite delay pedals and why they are your favourite. i currently have a boss DD-3 which works great for me but im looking for something a bit nicer and more high end to add to my pedal board aswell. help me out here guys. what should i look for?

Calloway

I really like the Ibanez AD-9, I have an original that sounds awesome, really gets a great slap back vibe for the chicken' pickin' stuff.

e-z

I got a Memory Lane last week. I also have a DD-3 and a DL-4 and while the Line 6 is versatile, I prefer the sound of the Memory Lane.

lou_weed

I have a Memory Lane too, it's outstanding. I've also used a Roland space echo, arion sad-1, deluxe memory man, lexicon alex, boss dd-3/dd-5 and it tops them all in my opinion.

Rockin J

I'm using a DLS Echo Tap set to mimick an analog pedal for my clean tone. It sounded like crap untill I set up the internal trim volume pots. Now I like it. Sounds better than my analog pedal.

I like a clean digital pedal with OD tones. I picked up a Toadworks Redux and it is the most pristine digital delay pedal I have tried. Took a little knob spinning to get it there but I love it now. Works great for clean tones also.

Some other delay pedals I would like to try but a lot of them seem grossly over priced.

gururyan

Maxon AD900

...although I am getting a Memory Lane soon.

...not because there is anything wrong with the AD900, it's a sweet, sweet delay. I just want the features of the ML.

landru64

Gold Supporting Member
cornish TES
the only pedal as good as a great rack delay and at the same time close enough to a tape delay in a pedal format.

drbob1

Silver Supporting Member
Yamaha 1005-table top, very quiet, modulated delay
Way Huge Aquapuss-just the sweetest 300 ms delay ever
Echoplex EP2-sweet, fat, 45 years of history can't be wrong

GasMask

Originally posted by gururyan
Maxon AD900

Love my AD900! Really liking analog after using digital for years. Haven't tried some of the others... but AD900 does it for me! Beautiful sound.

duende

Supporting Member
come on now... you know you all want an echoczar!:D

memory lane sounds cool too though I have yet to try on... But my top picks have to go to the echoczar, maneco, DM2, AD9, and DML series.

andershoeg

Carl Martin "Delayla XL"
Very nice pedal, sounds warm/soft, and nice to have something under your feet that just work. Can't compare it to the other pedals mentioned, except the boss-things....not my thing. Many years ago had a dd-3. very digital....well...that's what it is, so it probably do what it is supposed to do. Just not my cup of tea anymore.
b.r. andershoeg

JP

Guitarist of Mojo Radio
I just broke down and purchased a Modded Maxon-AD9 from
Analogman and I am looking foreward to it!

Fulltone TTE all the way, it's just a bitch to take out live.

gulliver

Supporting Member
Just got my H & K Replex tonight. If you try to use this like you would a digital delay, you'd probably be disappointed ... it's pretty warm. Set up right, it's unbelievable! I'm using it with just a hair of double head delay and repeat, with the vintage factor all the way up. Although the delay is medium, it acts almost like a plate reverb. It just gives a hint of vintage depth and vibe that's right out of the Jimmi library. The fact that it's delay and not reverb, allows it to cut well before a high gain amp.

I'm finished with pure effects, anyone want to buy a G-Major? Nice sounds, but I'm running with the ugly chicks now :cool:

guitarhurricane

Supporting Member
Chandler echo although not a pedal just does something special that you won't find with anything else except a tape unit. The mxr 1500 is really sweet too. Again, not a pedal, but it really does have the EJ sound going on. I expected it to be good, and I was suprised it was more than I ever thought it would be. I know they are rack delays, but man are they worth the extra hassle of having to deal with.

seanc

memory lane
deluxe memory man
dd-6
dd-3

and i also like the ibanez de-7. those echos are great