Best DISTORTION pedal for Strat?

nolenuttt

Platinum Supporting Member
I've got an EJ Strat, and love the pups, but I really need a great Distortion tone-Got a Fulldrive OCD, but I'd like that deep thick distortion-Which pedal? Low noise, please-What works best? Your suggestions are appreciated-Thanks!!:)

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
Can you give us any benchmark tones that are in the ballpark? Are you looking for rhythm or lead distortion?

For rhythm I haven't found anything yet that I like for HEAVY distortion. For leads I LOVE the Rat, Big Muff or a vintage style Fuzz. Some or all of these can be heard on the recordings of Hendrix, Beck, Gilmour, Blackmore and EJ. Also heard good things about the Mosferatu for Santana type sustain.

nolenuttt

Sorry, I should have specified-Yes, singing leads, but also chunky, thick chording for rhythm-

dave s

Before you get 100 meaningless replies containing everyone's favorite distortion pedal why don't you tell us what kind of AMPLIFIER you'd like to slam with a distortion pedal?

You might then get some recommendations that make sense for you.

dave

dankayaker

PedalMan Pro 818 is the best OD pedal I've played with a strat. Made me love my Strat again . . rreally accentuated those mids and made them just explode.

nolenuttt

To Dave S-Great Suggestion-D13 FTR 37 is the designated slammee.....

dave s

Originally posted by nolenuttt
To Dave S-Great Suggestion-D13 FTR 37 is the designated slammee.....
Now you're talkin'. Maybe those who own or have experience with a /13 FTR 37 can provide tried and true pedal recommendations to make that beautiful rig of yours sing.

dave

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
Great clips and playing MrMunky. The eternity is a great sounding pedal but its a little 2 expensive for my taste. I have a zendrive on the way which I think is in the same league. Have you had a chance to compare them? Also is that a lovepedal vibe on the last clip? It sounds fantastic.

pacomc79

Depending on what you want to do, the Lovepedal Black Magic or BJF Dyna Red would be my favorites, but I believe /13 have a few of their own that might be cool.

Alejandro

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by derek_32999
mosferatu... yeah baby!!
+1:dude

But..it is not a distortion. Could it be more a medium to heavy OD, but it sings anyway

journo

Originally posted by hide
singing leads, but also chunky, thick chording for rhythm-

Tonebone Classic
+1
I use with my STrat more and more. Thinking of getting a second one.
Also works great with humbuckers.

Cheers,

Mats N

Originally posted by hide
singing leads, but also chunky, thick chording for rhythm-

Tonebone Classic
This is the correct answer. Of course, it won't do you much good if you don't have a proper amp to run it through.

you've got a recognizable style my friend, I love your playing and progressions. question about these e clips, whats the amp? are you using it for both rhythm and lead?

An OCD sounds GREAT with a scod pushing it. Its the best combo ive found and its awsome for leads and rhythym and works wonders with a strat.

Trending Topics