• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Best Divided by 13 for pedals

bigdannyd

Really interested in buying one of Fred's amps. Interested in the BTR 23 but wondering if it's too gainy for pedals on front.

kevin hart

Silver Supporting Member
Really interested in buying one of Fred's amps. Interested in the BTR 23 but wondering if it's too gainy for pedals on front.
I do not have experience with the BTR23, but I've played/owned many of Fred's amps and none of them are too gainy and they'd all make an excellent pedal platform.

Tim Pierce uses an RSA23 for quite a bit of his studio work and uses pedals with it. The RSA is very similar to the BTR.

I've been using a JRT9/15 for my main giging amp for almost 10 years now and I think it's a wonderful pedal platform.

Last edited:

K.E.P.

I am also saving for a BTR 23. From my research, just about any of his amps are great with pedals, just depends on how much headroom you want. I have only heard a rsa 23, cj11 and 10/20 in person. all sounded great.

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Mine doesn't.

It is on the brighter side, but not in a bad way.

GasMask

What amp doesn't 'take' pedals? Must be rare.
Oh great..... here you go :horse again....

There is an enormous difference in the way overdrive and distortion pedals interact with amps! The voicing, gain structure, and many other design factors of the amp have a fundamental effect. I'm sorry this is so difficult for you to understand.

sgt_steiner

Fred's amps are pretty much KNOWN for playing well with pedals. I have a JRT 9/15 and its no exception -- she's never met a pedal she didn't like.

Hard to go wrong with Divided by 13. Best of luck!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom