1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

best DIY mod kits/starter whatever?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rorschah, Dec 9, 2005.

1. rorschah

rorschah Member

Instead of just sending out my BD2 and OD3 to get modded by Keeley or whoever, I'd rather like to mod 'em myself. Partially as a learning experience.

Good source for kits? Or books/plans and places I could get parts?

I can solder, but my knowledge of electronics is pretty minimal.

-thi

2. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

3. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

4. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Cool site...although you can get those opamp chips quite a bith cheaper from Mouser. The GE-7 mod kit looks interesting...I guess similar to the Tone Jam Sniper mod?
    Greg

5. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

6. Erik

Erik Member

I just finished building a delay pedal from B.Y.O.C. The pedal sounds great, it's true bypass, and is VERY quiet. I sort of messed up the graphic a little as it was gettin late and my 6 month old son was getting pretty "demanding"...but here it is...

[​IMG]

7. rorschah

rorschah Member

For users of guitartone - is the "all mods in one" package the way to go?

-thi

8. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

definitely. I bought the ds-1 mod by itself, and all you receive is instructions on how to do 'em.

It's a great deal for 15 bucks, as I got like 8 different mods for the DS-1. But 50 bucks for 50 pedals is sweet, highly recommended.

9. Tone_Gecko

Tone_Gecko Member

Actually it's not exactly the same mod. He does have to same chips I use. Other than that...

10. brian marshall

brian marshall Member