Best drives for a clean amp

Avlan

Hey,
Just got a Victory V40 Deluxe after some time with the Helix.
Since it’s a clean pedal platform, I’m looking for suggestion on the best overdrive/distortion I can get for it.
Don’t need a super high gain pedal but versatility is important. A solution of several pedals could also be cool.
what do you guys think is the best drive for a clean platform?

bobcs71

I don't generally like gain from pedals. I prefer them to boost an amp. At times I've run a clean amp.

I've had the best luck with FET and/or amp in a box pedals. A Catalinbread 5F6 worked well. Honorable mentions to the Keeley 1962, Red Dirt & Way Huge green thing variants.

I'm happy with my Cerberus Plush Tri-Mode OD, for a subtle warm organic feeling, like a sunset beach fire under stars after playing with mermaids in the coral reefs.

But if you want severe go for a Piccolo Falsetto Ge boost into a Dr. Robert Vox UL-730.

jaxjaxon

Source Audio has some dirt pedals that can do just about any type and style of Dirt, OD, Fuzz. you could want it uses a app that can change to any of 40 different types of dirt and control all parameters and a built in noise gate that you can set how you want. Set up pre sets stack dirt types series or parallel stereo in and out. all for around $160.

Matt Sarad

I have a Chandler Tube Overdrive. Zendrive, and just got the J Rockett Alan Holdsworth pedal.

Depends on what kind of music I'm playing.

Steve73

I personally like using drives that have a lot of compression into clean amps to mimic the amp breaking up. The ones I always end back up with into a clean Fender are some type of Tubescreamer (using a Bonsai currently) and a Boss OS2 ( for the Marshall thing).

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
My favorites were the Suhr eclipse and Greer Lightspeed… they cover so much ground between the two of them that I’d buy them back in a half second if I ever go back to drive pedals.

Honorable mentions
- Bogner blue
- mojo hand rook
- Bearfoot model Hs
- Fromel modded BD2

All super super good drive pedals that do a lot and sound excellent while doing so

Trending Topics

Top Bottom