• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best dual guitar hard case?

cosmic_rust

Silver Supporting Member
Hello! In addition to being a slight pain, carrying two guitar cases makes me nervous at gigs sometimes because they're easier to swipe and are sometimes a bit exposed between breakdown and packing up the car.

I've been thinking about getting a really solid, ideally affordable, dual guitar case, but I don't know where to start other than I know it has to be a hard case or road case, decent to high quality. I typically play a Les Paul and SG. Any suggestions? My max budget would be around $500, but ideally muchhhh less than that (and I don't mind used gear) or else I'll probably have to wait a bit. I like the idea of being able to have my pedalboard strapped to my shoulder with my amp in one hand and both guitars in the other. Gig ready in one trip from the car!

cosmic_rust

Silver Supporting Member
Hmm! Never heard of the Mono before but after looking it up it really does look high quality and well regarded. And not a bad price point for protecting valued gear, and easy to carry or wear. Very cool! I'll seriously consider it if a great hard/road case option isn't viable or seems too heavy or awkward (which, I agree, it very well could be, but it also makes it equally as heavy and awkward to steal, and I'm strong enough to handle probably up to 70 lbs. one-handed, but that'd be pushing it; lighter is certainly better). Thanks!

stratohiker

Silver Supporting Member
I've had a Mono dual bag since about when they came out (around 08). It has served me well. Still use it.
But, recently I needed a 335 type bag for an Epi Riviera. Difficult finding one that could accommodate the long headstock of the Epi.
Ended up with a Gator Pro-Go Series 335 bag for it. Very happy with it. Given that, made a mental note that when the Mono gives up the ghost, I'm getting the Gator Dual Bag. G-PG Elec 2X
About 100 bucks less than the Mono too.

Guitarwiz007

Gold Supporting Member
A Mono bag is your best bet. Gator and Reunion Blues also make great bags. A good gig bag is way more protection than a hard shell case unless you get a rugged TSA case. All my HSC's are in storage. Relics from a time gone by. Kind of like a rotary phone.

stratzrus

Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B
Gold Supporting Member
The OP did say "hard case".

Enki makes wonderful dual cases for professional work. I believe they're what Larry Mitchell uses.

https://enkiusa.com/

Trending Topics