Best Effects of 2009

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
What, in your opinion, were the best effects produced last year?

Why?

Let's keep the criteria fairly general to allow for more entries.

I personally am fascinated by the WMD Geiger Counter. The more I listen to The Mars Volta and Wilco the more I hunger after unusual textures. Here's a demo:

The Line 6 M9 also seems to have lots of great possibilities and I appreciate it's lack of amp simulations.

Analog Assassin

That is the COOLEST ****ing pedal I have EVER heard. I could see myself writing songs based around some of those sounds.

oinkbanana

wmd geiger counter is such a great pedal. i keep saying this, but i'll say it again: it's gonna take years to master it and unleash all the wonderful sounds in it.

drolling

ehh.. I want to say DigiTech Timebender, because, on paper, this thing does everything; modulated, filtered & harmonized delays & a bunch of analog emulations, along with a cool little looping function.

Alas, it's a beast of a thing to work with for an old tele player with a single channel amp, so my vote would have to go to the ElectroHarmonix Riddle:Q-balls for guitar.

Just another envelope filter (w/built-in distortion), but what a fat & juicy filter it is! A total blast to make music with - and in the end, that's really all that matters.

As others have noted, EH is on some kinda creative roll these days, as are many other builders it would seem. 2010 should be at least as interesting for us FX geeks!

Griz

Fairfield Barbershop OD.

It's like special sauce on your tone. One fun box. It's one of those "I leave it on all the time" kind.

:beer

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
It seems like the Xotic EP Booster has gotten some good reviews. I haven't tried it though.

powermatt99

M9

Not the most sexy 2009 release, but very practical for those of us with bad backs or eclectic set lists.

musica23

I personally am fascinated by the WMD Geiger Counter. The more I listen to The Mars Volta and Wilco the more I hunger after unusual textures. Here's a demo:

The Line 6 M9 also seems to have lots of great possibilities and I appreciate it's lack of amp simulations.
Bought the Geiger Counter and sent it back cuz it was way too tweakable and took up 3 entire days of my life (which could be a compliment to the GC). It was actually too much fun, yet frustrating for me.

Now I see WMD released the "Civilian Issue" which is definitely more up my alley and about $100 cheaper. Oh oh...:eeks

Trending Topics