1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Best Electric Guitar Luthier Around Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by mattymel, Apr 28, 2016.

1. mattymel

mattymel Supporting Member

Hey y'all. Got a Bigsby put on by a guy. Gotta say I'm not feeling this installation as much as the last one I had put on by a different luthier. Not performing 100% (going out of tune) and the guy left some dents and doesn't look like the studs are flush with the body. And I'm thinking there are some grounding issues. Guitar is buzzing like crazy when I'm not touching the strings. Wasn't happening before. Sigh.

Also considering replacing this Schaller Roller with a Tone Pros Roller. Looks more vintage and probably performs just as well.

So this will likely involve some epoxy/filling holes/redrilling and I want to make sure it gets done 100% correctly this time.

Any suggestions for someone that can hit it out of the park and fix me up? I live in Cincinnati and would be willing to drive to find an expert at this type of thing. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  2. kevmin

kevmin Supporting Member

Dan Erlewine, Athens, OH. About a 2.5 hour drive on 32.

SnidelyWhiplash and mattymel like this.
  3. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Member

I believe that Chrome Dome, which is a boutique amp builder/modifier shop in Cincinnati, also has a guitar tech/luthier in the same shop. I've not used him so can't speak to his abilities or quality of service.

mattymel likes this.
  4. mattymel

mattymel Supporting Member

I used to use Dave Schneider but he moved to New York. Missing that guy right about now. Amazing luthier.

Dan Erlewine looks legit. Thanks for that. I'll give him a call.

Anybody else?

5. mc5nrg

mc5nrg Member

Dan Erlewine looks legit.

Understated post of the year.
    If the noise drops when you touch strings or involved metal parts like bridge, tuners etc. , guitar is grounded ok.

6. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

Chad underwood in KY is good too.

7. Cal Webway

Cal Webway Member

Mark Kaiser in the south Dayton area is excellent