Best Eminence speakers for Budda Superdrive 30

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mims2, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mims2

mims2 Member

I have a Superdrive 30 head that I'm about to buy a 2x12 openback cab for. I have many different sets of Celestion speakers so I wanted to try some Emincence with this amp and cab. Can someone suggest some Eminence speakers that work with with this amp and an open back cab? Thanks!

2. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Supporting Member

I would try the governor, Private jack or the wizard if you are only think about eminence.

If you are interested in something else try the Avatar Hellatone 60s. They are broken in V30s and I have one in my Superdrive 18 combo and in my opinion it blows away the Budda speaker that the combo came with.

3. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

get the hellatone 60

4. mims2

mims2 Member

Well I already have 2 well broken in vintage 30's so I have that option if need be. Anyone else got any opinions on the eminences?

5. ford

ford Staff Member Supporting Member

I've used a Governor and a Man O'War in a 2x12 closed back and it sounded great. Not sure of how it would be in the open back...

I also have used my SD30 head with an open back with 2 Eminence Red Fangs and it was pretty cool and chimey.

rock

bford

6. mims2

mims2 Member

Does anyone know how the Tonker would sound in this situation? Is it good for overdriven tones? I like the sound of the Red Fangs.