1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Best Firewire Audio Interface under $300

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by rlc478464, Sep 5, 2008.

1. rlc478464

rlc478464 Member

I'd like to get a firewire audio interface to record guitar on my Mac to Garage Band. What is the best for under $300? Thanks for your input.

2. Joseph Hanna

Joseph Hanna Member

TC Electronic Konnekt 8 is an exceptional little firewire interface. $300.00 or there about!

3. c94123

c94123 Supporting Member

The Apogee Duet is fantastic but costs $495 new. I've seen a few used ones go on Ebay around $300. Very simple, great sound. I love mine if you have the patience to watch and wait for that NR auction that gets ignored. There's one in the Emporium now for $400.

4. HammyD

HammyD Member

Sweewater has Tascam Fireone's for $129. I bought one for the college a/vl ab. Two headphone outputs, direct line level in the front, dual xlr in the back phantom power.... Sounds fine!

5. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

I currently have a Motu Ultralite in the emporium...it does a great job with garageband...380

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  6. dorfmeister

dorfmeister Member

I just got a blem Apogee Duet from Music123.com for $370 shipped. They have an extra 12% off blem items deal going.

7. DaveDaveDave

DaveDaveDave Member

Yamaha i88x for arouund $200 on eBay. Most versatile mic pres and surprisingly good quality. They discontinued them, but driver development still goes on. I have 3 of them, and they all network together - I run isolated tracking with monitoring in 3 rooms in my house using them - all going over firewire.

Cheers,
    Dave

8. dewey decibel

dewey decibel Supporting Member

we eat a lot of cheese and drink a lot of beer
    New? How about an Echo Audiofire 4.

9. stumboid

stumboid Member

Presonus Inspire