Best Free Pedal Crap

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by IronChefChris, Jan 22, 2012.

1. IronChefChris

IronChefChris Member

I've purchased many pedals over the years...and some come with pretty cool stuff...stickers, pins, bags, straps, etc. I'm wondering in your opinions, who gives away the coolest stuff with their pedals? I vote for EarthQuaker Devices from memory (awesome little sticker and pins). I wish all companies did this...free advertising! My board is coated in brand stickers and so are my cases at this point...

2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

I usually don't really even look at that stuff, not to say it isn't cool though. I felt like putting some stickers on my gear, but then most of the brands I use are kinda expensive so it just screams "steal me!"

The only thing I used out of the 'crap' was a Gravity Pick in a T1M package.

3. succor

succor Member

I used Paul Cochrane's paper towel to clean up some spilt coffee just this morning. It was acceptably absorbent and felt soft to the touch. Thanks Paul! :aok

4. teleclem

teleclem Member

Haha! didn't know they all came with one (I thought someone just put one in).

I like Analogman's pouch + sticker. But I really like how Way Huge has pins. Oh, I like getting small catalogs as well (Way Huge has the Dunlop stuff, Eventide has theirs).

Little touches, really. I've had pedals that didn't come with any.

5. 8strings0hair

8strings0hair Member

Actually, the coolest stuff I got with a pedal, was usually from an online pedal dealer (T-shirt, polishing cloth, bottle opener, etc...).

6. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

I think analogman has the coolest stuff, mainly the pouch. My foxrox pedal came with foxrox tortex picks and stickers, which was cool. I also like the fulltone stickers.

7. npfrs

npfrs Member

:agree

8. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

Always dug the Zvex hair-tie/pouch. But really, Spaceman obviously has the best box candy.

9. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk

I like Way Huge's buttons. I just find "Fat Sandwich" on my tank bag hilarious :dunno

10. voorhiessa

voorhiessa Member

I like the Visual Sound stickers.....I put one on my Jeep.

11. Footbutt

Footbutt Supporting Member

good point!
    i've gotten TONS of stuff over the years and never once have i thought about putting a sticker on my pedalboard case or guitar case. don't know why. maybe i had a bad experience with my first car...

it was a 1985 Plymouth Horizon that was passed down from my grandma. it had soooo many problems throughout its 190K-mile lifespan, but the plethora of bumper stickers my sisters and i pasted on that back of that hatchback made it worth driving. it was MY car, and the stickers proved it.

12. Joshi

Joshi Member

same with the stickers, at first i wanted to cover the pedal case with brand stickers and started collecting them. But now i like having them as a collection and dont want to waste the stickers.
    but what i really love is the pouches that some pedals bring. always find them useful for other stuff i want to carry.

13. a1briz

a1briz Silver Supporting Member

I love when I get pedals that come with their own appropriately sized/cutout velcro! That is the best thing that I've ever gotten with a pedal - but I'm not sure it counts since it's technically not 'crap'. Everyone should do this!

14. drolling

drolling Member

Do EH pedals still come in wooden boxes? When I got my DMM back in the '90s, it had a nice 'cigar-box'~esque crate with a sliding top; It's actually full of slides at the moment. Nice touch, IMO

And I've heard of a smaller company (can't recall who) that includes (or used to) rubber/plastic cockroaches INSIDE their pedals. Now, that's classy!!!

15. succor

succor Member

16. drolling

drolling Member

^^^Dat's da 1!! Thanks!

17. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul) Supporting Member

Tonefactor, bag of candy, genious......

18. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

Malekko may HAVE been the top contenders, but you get nothing with an Omicron pedal; not even a manual.

19. Brian Johnston

Brian Johnston Member

My FuzzBubble-45 came in a metal lunch box (big enough for the pedal) and included a liquid bubble set (with the little wand for blowing bubbles). I got a T-shirt from DrNo-Effects (black with its gold logo), as well as some stickers.