Best Fuzz + OD or Boost combo for Smooth Sound?

eric-d

The trick is to have the OD after the fuzz and to have the gain on the OD LOW!!! Running my Klon after my MJM London produces a nice fat smooth fuzz'esque tone ......

The Analogman Sun Face in my Sunlion + my Tim = smooth
The Sun Face in my Sunlion + the Beano in my Sunlion= rock and roll

gregory49

The Honey Bee and BBB07 sound good. But honestly I like the sounds of a sunlion and a tim/timmy.

wesv

The trick is to have the OD after the fuzz and to have the gain on the OD LOW!!! Running my Klon after my MJM London produces a nice fat smooth fuzz'esque tone ......

There's your answer right above.

My set up is a Cornell Arbiter fuzz face into a TS808, with the 808 at drive at 9:00, and basically dime the fuzz!

guitbeef

I've had great success with a 200 lb into a Blue Boy Deluxe set with low gain a little mid hump, and am also digging a BYOC silicon fuzz into my Mojo Drive.

My silly confession is that I only recently got hip to running a fuzz into a good overdrive or dirty amp. Just never occurred to me, but now that I know better I'm fascinated by the possibilities. My experience has been a yin and yang thing (but to me that's true for stacking any two drive pedals)- a scooped-mid setting on the 200 lb combined with the mid hump of the BBD works great, and my BYOC fuzz is a little mushier and works great with the tighter Mojo Drive.

telebuck

I am really getting into my sunface into the honeybee. Very smooth fuzz tones to my ears. BTW, I'm using a strat, neck or neck/middle position with tone rolled down into a Marshall 1974x.

try out a cusack screamer fuzz. with the OD and the fuzz dialed in right you can get some smooth thick sounds.... i really dig mine....

Jam119

Barber Trifecta with its Tone Knob Pulled or Fat Midrange-->Klon set for Volume Boost =Fat and Smooth.... Works great with all of my amps and guitar cominations...

hb_nz

believe it or not, the best pedal I've tried to smooth out a fuzz pedal is my old rat! I've tried others: TS, Barber pone pump, direct drive etc with the gain all the way to zero and although it helps to smooth the fuzz it still compresses the signal quite a bit. My rat set to low gain on the other hand with or without the ruetz mod, smooths out the fuzz without overly compressing it.

I really need to get my hotcake fixed and see if that might work too...

Screwdriver -> Timmy works well, so does Big Muff -> Timmy. Keep the gain on the Timmy low, reduce the sharpness on the Screwdriver, turn up the gain to taste :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom