Best "Fuzz" pedal for Bass ???

fisticuffs

When setting up a fuzz pedal and an octave pedal which would you put first in the signal path? Conventional wisdom would tell me to put the fuzz or any other type of pre-amp/distortion first then the other effect but in this case does it make more sense to put the Octave first so both tones are "fuzzed" independently?

harpinon

Some of those boutiques may do as well or better than the Lomenzo, but I believe you should have a portion of the clean tone coming through.
Sandard fuzz boxes that I tried with no clean mix lost the thump of the tone.

My 2 cents.

devnulljp

Best?
5RW2Q.jpg

Jumbo Tone Bender is a good one.
Green Russian Big Muff.

Endr_rpm

My personal favorite for years has been a Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard, but they're hard to get a hold of. It's basically a Big Muff optimized for bass. It remains the only single effect peal I have paid over $100 for ):)

Zim

I have not tried a ton of them, but 2 that I like on my board are

Fulltone OCD

Way Huge Swollen Pickle

Both can be had around $100 or so used and both sound like a million bucks. I use the OCD for mild to medium dirt and the Pickle for when i want it saturated with woolly warm fuzziness and you can dance with it. Both hold the bottom great as well.

charmboy

Analogman Peppermint Fuzz is incredible on bass! You turn that buzz knob all the way up and it maintains all low end. Devi Ever's Wolf is another killer bass fuzz at a very good price.

D.M.N.

I use a Dunlop FuzzFace (germanium version), and it doesn't really retain all that much low end, but it's a great gnarly fuzz. When used in combo with my Dunlop Bass Wah, it also works as a pretty cool faux-octave up effect.

kevinhifi

SPAM alert!

I need to get a demo up of my Chord Blaster with a bass guitar. It lets the low end right through while putting a nice sizzly fuzz over the mids for that classic cranked underpowered tube bass amp sound. This was discovered by mistake when a touring guitarist let his bass player try out the pedal - I got an order from him the next week.

/SPAM carry on.

fisticuffs

Should have the Fender Sublime in time for my gigs this weekend. Hopefully it doesn't take too much tweaking to get a useful tone for the show. I'm kind of afraid I'm going to way overuse this thing. All the vids I've seen have made it look like a lot of fun.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom