Best Fuzz with BF/SF Fender?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TimH, Feb 29, 2008.

1. TimH

TimH Member

We all know how magic Fuzz Faces sound with Marshalls....but if you were looking for a great Fuzz to use with your Fender, perhaps combined with a Fulldrive (TS type), for fat sustained lead tones, what would/do you choose?

2. thewex

thewex Member

3. Dale

Dale Member

Fuzz Head or Huckleberry for me. High gain Top Fuel or L B Muff.

4. bynt

bynt Member

I played a Twin for years and had success with a 69, 70, Soulbender, Big Muff, Rat, and the Voodo Fuzz all with a Fulldrive.

I liked all of them through it. I got rid of everything but the Soulbender but it was the pedals, not the amp. The Soulbender was just the one I wanted. I really dig 'em through silverfaces.

5. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

i'd second the souldbender, or any tonebender style pedal.

6. gregory49

gregory49 Member

I had a BBB07 by lovepedal which had the OC76 transistors(tonebender) i had it set to a fuzz face setting. It sounded great stacked but by itself it was way to harsh to use with my super reverb. I've heard MJM London fuzz is good .. as well as analogman's sunface.

7. blackjack davey

blackjack davey Senior Member

TS & Muff combo into a Fender is great as is the Fulltone SoulBender (which I'm using right now) and I find to be a very versitile Fuzz!

8. TimH

TimH Member

Can anyone reccomend other tonebender clones given that Fulltone has discontinued theirs? Preferably somehting in a smaller enclosure.

9. amphead777

amphead777 Member

The Lovepedal Karl sounds great, with everything I've used it with, including at least one Fender.

10. bwc3000

bwc3000 Member

I use a Fulltone '70 (silicon fuzz) or old block-logo MXR Distortion + with my SF Champ. Both sound excellent...the MXR sounds especially good probably since it's about the same age as the Champ (both are '77 or so...)