Best Fuzzrite copy?

WhoJamFan

Years ago there was one by Ashbass (I think) who was very insistsant that he made the only real ones or something.
I had one, sounded like a Mosrite Fuzzrite. GGG or BYOC has a $40 diy, and Catalinbread has one, as well as about everybody that makes a few fuzz pedals in their line.
Ennio fuzz-TGPr made, was really goid as well.

MemorymanDL

Going along the Catalinbread route, the Merkin is also a great fuzz. It's a modified Fuzzrite, but it still captures a lot of that vintage pinache.

hamerman55

Silver Supporting Member
Check out Vick Audio. He has an excellent clone - the MosFuzz. He makes truly great pedals. I have this, as well as several others.

ArtDecade

The Ashbass is a clone of the Fuzzrite. If you want a better Fuzzrite, look into the Sanner / Hallmark Nu-Fuzz. Its a Fuzzrite at heart, but has an infinitely more useful tone control. Plus, Ed Sanner himself hand-wired the circuit.

Herb Utsmelz

'Tis what 'tis
Silver Supporting Member
Merkin gets my vote as well. I also a have a Basic Audio Zippy which is a Fuzzrite variant that isn't as aggressive but does a lot of other things. Just depends on how close you're looking to get to the original. Creepy Fingers is worth a look if you can find one.

ArtDecade

As long as Sanner is still alive and building circuits, it doesn't make any sense to buy anything else. The man is a legend and he is still hand-wiring these circuits. Own a piece of history.

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
The Merkin is great. I bought and returned a couple fuzzes looking for that specifically, ugly sound. A lot of fuzzes sound too "nice", but the Merkin is pretty hideous sounding in the right way.

Trending Topics