• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best Gibson Dealer?

xdisciplex

I also recommed daves, i bought a jimmy page number 2 from him and he was a pleasure to deal with, the music zoo is another dealer i bought from a few times and they also treated me very well, marks guitar loft is another great choice.

darchirnoj

Whoa!!
I didn't know that about Saul.
I just bought my r7 from him in march. a buddy of mine purchased an r9 from him in april.
he is a heck of a guy with outstanding prices & service (centre city music).

Powderfinger

Platinum Supporting Member
I've heard this. What happened? I bought my R8 from Saul. It was a pleasure doing business with him.
I bought my R8 from Saul also. He still advertises Gibson on his website.
Whoa!!
I didn't know that about Saul.
I just bought my r7 from him in march. a buddy of mine purchased an r9 from him in april.
he is a heck of a guy with outstanding prices & service (centre city music).
Also bought my R8 from Saul sight-unseen with good results.

Rotten

Gold Supporting Member
I bought my R7 from Saul. Great price and I got to compare a bunch for a really, really long time to find the one that I liked. I was there last weekend and it was devoid of Gibsons. The guy there said that because of the flood, Gibson was giving preference to GC. Don't know if that's true or not.

guitarmandp

Marks Guitar Loft is not a Gibson dealer.

He does sell a lot of Gibson's so I'm thinking other dealers are dumping stuff on him.

Soul Driver

Marks Guitar Loft is not a Gibson dealer.
A Good point, I guess the validity of Mark's Guitar Loft as an answer to the OP's question is dependent on whether or not he means "Authorised Gibson Dealer" or a dealer that sells Gibsons. If its the later I'll stand by my recommendation.

phoenix 7

Bought my R8 and R9 at Willcutts. The day I went to buy my R9, I tried at least a dozen R9's they had in stock. And they still had more!

mesa/kramer

I personally won't do business with a dealer who charges more if you use a credit card, so I stay away from those dealers. I bought my 59 DC Les Paul Jr. Custom Shop Historic Gibson in cherry finish from Daves last year and had a good experience doing business with them. They matched the price from another dealer who had the same guitar I wanted, so I got it from Dave's. I was very happy with my transaction and the guitar was perfect. I have also bought several Gibson Les Paul's from www.makenmusic.com Teddy is my sales guy and they are great to do business with. Also www.musicgallery.com is another Gibson dealer and Frank is also a great guy to do business with. There are only a few dealers I buy from and I have listed them. I have received great customer service and I am continuing to buy from them without any hesitation.:JAM
Any bussiness that takes a purchase by credit card has to pay a 6% - 8% charge of the sale to process your credit card.
Why should they have to take the hit because you don't have the cash on hand to make the purchase?

whitehall

Another big +1 for Saul. Give him a call 18885GIBSON. I've bought a ton of guitars from him. Killer prices. Steve at Wildwood is good also. FWIW Saul has been fighting with Gibson off and on for 10 years.

I have the cash on hand, but with a credit card the buyer is protected. Again I will not do business with someone who charges extra to use a credit card. That is not my problem if the dealer is charged an extra fee to process the card. It is a buyers market and there are plenty of dealers who will do business with a customer using a credit card with no extra fee. That is why I stick to a few boutique dealers who I have been buying from the last 10 years or so.

Lemonhand

I've bought a few Gibsons (USA and Custom Shop) and other guitars from The Music Zoo and couldn't be happier. I always talk with Mark DiDonna, he's a super nice guy.

Marcus71

Nathan at Eddie's Guitars is a good guy. So is Frank from The Music Gallery in Highland Park. They are pretty close on discounts.

Trending Topics