• early 70s

Votes: 119 54.3%
  • late 70s

Votes: 36 16.4%
  • 80s

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • early 90s

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • never. they were never good! (you're an idiot if you choose this!)

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • tiger

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • winterland '74

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • the warlocks

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • china/rider

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

HarryHaller

By the early 70's they had perfected psychedelia, gotten back to their roots, made two classic Americana albums, become a great straight forward rock and roll band and jumped into something that strongly resembled jazz. Between the fall of 71 and the fall of 72 they released the Skull & Roses album, Europe 72 and Garcia and Weir's first solo albums.

Cedar

Platinum Supporting Member
'89 is my favorite year.

I love the "Professional" Grateful Dead with the great singing and harmonies and just firing on all cylinders like a psychedelic Steely Dan.

Love love love Brent AND his songs as well, many 'heads don't.

Not a fan of the Donna or Pig Pen eras much at all.

Heresy, I know.

'89 is my favorite year.

I love the "Professional" Grateful Dead with the great singing and harmonies and just firing on all cylinders like a psychedelic Steely Dan.

Love love love Brent AND his songs as well, many 'heads don't.

Not a fan of the Donna or Pig Pen eras much at all.

Heresy, I know.

I always hear a lot of praise for '89 but never really taken a deep dive. Just popped on 10-16-89

Cedar

Platinum Supporting Member
I always hear a lot of praise for '89 but never really taken a deep dive. Just popped on 10-16-89
Summer of '89, specifically the Alpine run.

There's a Summer '89 pro shot live show on Amazon from Buffalo that is really good too.

We're gonna stay here 'til we soothe our soul, if it takes all night long

Urobouros

Double Platinum Member
I liked the bluesier feel with Pig the most. Though I like the songs from the 70s, I can't stand Donna's voice. It's bearable on the studio releases but she ruined a lot of shows for me. The 80s studio releases were my least favorite of their catalog but the live work through Brent's death was a very close second to Pig's time.

Riffi

560701C1-545F-4BE5-BA84-D2824EA5AED0.jpeg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom