Best guitar cleaner?

myaudiodna

Silver Supporting Member
I'm sure this has been asked here before, but I want to know what people's opinions are on different guitar cleaners. Here are the ones I've heard most recommended:

Water and a cotton cloth
Naptha (lighter fluid)
Virtusoso Cleaner
Players Kit
Dunlop System

Anyone have experience with any of these? I am trying to remove 7 years worth of sweat and body oils from my LP.

neoprimitive

I use the Dunlop 65 stuff.. I'm sure there are better cleaners out there, but it seems to do a good job for me. Violin polish makes sense, I'm gonna try it, there is a violin shop a block from my house.

Mtnbkr123

I mostly use Virtuoso cleaner and then Virtuoso polish. I find it ok (only ok), but better than anything else I have tried.

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
It is amazing what a soft microfiber cloth with nothing on it will do on a guitar.

Be real careful about the cloths you are using. Many will scratch the crap out of a guitar!

Natptha or Dunlop 65 for gooey gunk.

ShadowCanAm

I go all over my guitars with one of these when I change strings. It's great for getting all of the dust out of places like the bridge or around pickups, tuners, frets etc..
DUSTER_lg.JPG

my stainless steel frets are giving off some black so i uses regular stainless steel appliance cleaner and a q tip ...;gone black ! for the body dunlop cleaner, i heard gibson made a great cleaner as well!

SlumFrog

The Dunlop 65 stuff is what I use. I would recommend it. It comes with Fretboard, Body & String Cleaners. Plus 2 cotton cloths, a fretboard micro fine fretboard cloth & a peg winder.

Dunlop makes quality products, and for $20 you cant beat it. It will last you a long time, if you dont have OCD and overdue it with cleaning your guitars. You might be able to find some better products, but it will come at a price increase & buying separate cleaners. I use the string cleaner daily after sessions.

Top Bottom