Best guitar cleaner?

myaudiodna

I'm sure this has been asked here before, but I want to know what people's opinions are on different guitar cleaners. Here are the ones I've heard most recommended:

Water and a cotton cloth
Naptha (lighter fluid)
Virtusoso Cleaner
Players Kit
Dunlop System

Anyone have experience with any of these? I am trying to remove 7 years worth of sweat and body oils from my LP.

rummy

Silver Supporting Member
I was recommended Virtuoso years ago, and been using it since.

neoprimitive

I use the Dunlop 65 stuff.. I'm sure there are better cleaners out there, but it seems to do a good job for me. Violin polish makes sense, I'm gonna try it, there is a violin shop a block from my house.

Mtnbkr123

I mostly use Virtuoso cleaner and then Virtuoso polish. I find it ok (only ok), but better than anything else I have tried.

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
It is amazing what a soft microfiber cloth with nothing on it will do on a guitar.

Be real careful about the cloths you are using. Many will scratch the crap out of a guitar!

Natptha or Dunlop 65 for gooey gunk.

ShadowCanAm

I go all over my guitars with one of these when I change strings. It's great for getting all of the dust out of places like the bridge or around pickups, tuners, frets etc..

my stainless steel frets are giving off some black so i uses regular stainless steel appliance cleaner and a q tip ...;gone black ! for the body dunlop cleaner, i heard gibson made a great cleaner as well!

SlumFrog

The Dunlop 65 stuff is what I use. I would recommend it. It comes with Fretboard, Body & String Cleaners. Plus 2 cotton cloths, a fretboard micro fine fretboard cloth & a peg winder.

Dunlop makes quality products, and for $20 you cant beat it. It will last you a long time, if you dont have OCD and overdue it with cleaning your guitars. You might be able to find some better products, but it will come at a price increase & buying separate cleaners. I use the string cleaner daily after sessions.

Trending Topics