Best guitar for the money

CaptRonJon

I am looking for a new guitar and am willing to spend some money but I am looking for other suggestions as well. I am looking at a Fender American Deluxe with S-1 switching and a soft "V" neck, Fender Eric Johnson sig, PRS Custom 24 (2008), PRS Custom 22 (2002), Equator Instruments guitar ('doc look-a-like) and AO Guitars guitar. Look them up if you don't know them and give me some feedback. If you own it, played it, broke it, whatever... Let me know and help me with my delimma. Thanks

leocbuc

I just got an Equator INstruments 'doc look-a-like and I love it. Huge tonal variation in the paralell/series and split buckers switches. Great sustain and open acoustic sounds, and an OM on the headstock... I couldn't be happiers.

XKnight

Best guitar for the money
There is no real answer to that question as it will vary depending on the individual. You will get lots of opinions though.;)

I think a used Gibson Reissue, such as a R7 or R8, is the best guitar for the money. They are well made, have killer tone and if you buy used you probably won't lose any money if you want to sell it later.

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
A used USA Hamer is the best value vs. money. The build quality is insane and the used prices are low. The huge downside is that the resale value is low, so turning a profit if you sell it is difficult.

pjrhd28

Platinum Supporting Member
I think you've hit on two- a used PRS Cu 24 and a used EJ Strat.

Overall, I can't think of a better deal than a used recent LP std withte 50's neck in the $1500 to $1800 range.

tjbackstage

Check out the Fender USA '57 Strat RI. Has amazing tone and is the best in reliability for that price range. I'd HIGHLY recomend it! OR Kenny Blue Ray (KBR) can build you one to your every custom spec and you'd have an inexpensive, USA made, vintage sounding, AMAZING guitar. If you want to save some cash and get a custom guitar, email Kenny Blue Ray. He can make a $1200 sound like an original Fender or Gibson from the 50s or 60s even with some awesome custom features! Contact him through MySpace or email.

localmotion411

A used USA Hamer is the best value vs. money. The build quality is insane and the used prices are low. The huge downside is that the resale value is low, so turning a profit if you sell it is difficult.
+1000 -- They are made ridiculously well, fantastic guitars, but the resale is horrific so buy used. I had a Monaco Elite in the Emporium that I recently removed due to non-interest -- NAMM show guitar that was around $3100 new, couldn't sell it for $1350 and it is almost a brand-new guitar:

I've had a few Gibsons, and after buying my two Hamers, my money won't ever go towards a Gibson again.

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
+1000 -- They are made ridiculously well, fantastic guitars, but the resale is horrific so buy used. I had a Monaco Elite in the Emporium that I recently removed due to non-interest -- NAMM show guitar that was around $3100 new, couldn't sell it for $1350 and it is almost a brand-new guitar:

I've had a few Gibsons, and after buying my two Hamers, my money won't ever go towards a Gibson again.
I paid $1000 for a Hamer Studio Custom - block inlays and bound body. The quality makes many Gibsons look like cheap toy guitars.

localmotion411

I paid $1000 for a Hamer Studio Custom - block inlays and bound body. The quality makes many Gibsons look like cheap toy guitars.
I hear you -- I paid $1000 for this practically brand new Studio Custom on eBay about 4 years ago; meanwhile a local shop had an identical one for sale for $2800:

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
You list such a wide variety of different types of guitars that I suspect you have no idea what you're really into. That's totally okay...

Hang onto your money until you know if you're even more of a "strat" or a "les paul" guy at least... unless you have nothing, in which case, buy something you know you could resell easily till you know for sure.

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
In the old days it was a lot easier, because there weren`t so many choices. It`s actually way better now, except you have to play a lot more guitars before you make a choice. Kind of like a great Chinese restaurant!

Blue4Now

Gold Supporting Member
I am convinced it is this for around 700 brand spankin new. A Fender 60's Classic

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I think it depends on a couple of things, foremost being what kind of money are you talking about spending?

chucke99

Ibanez AS-103 (335 style). New at GC/MF for around $800, used on eBay for about $600. I love mine. They come in burled and spalted maple varieties also (but harder to find).

dead mike

for new guitars i would say Reverend or Korean PRS or Artcore series Ibanez.

Used G&L's and EBMM are phenomenal gits for the money.

Trending Topics