Best in ear monitor headphones

mlweidl

So one of the bands at my church switched over to in ear monitors with the aviom system and all that good stuff so im thinking about switching over myself. All the recievers and all that stuff is already there so what are some good in ear headphones???

Looked at the monster ones that were like 150 bucks but any other ideas?

JBernard

the *best* are going to run you 750-1k per pair. i'm sure thats out of your league though.

we run livewires and they are great especially for being custom molded.
http://www.mylivewires.com/

also have several westone UM1 and UM2's. but the foam tips are somewhat expensive. as a guest set changes every week, your looking at like 20$ a month in foam tips. gets expensive.

Ascension

We use the Aviom system at one of the Churches I play for.
I brought a nice set of Sony full phones from home and liked them better than the in ears. I just bought a $20 set of Sonys at Wall Mart and they work like a charm. If you get the right set a nicer set of cheapys sounds GREAT with that system. These sound almost as good as the $200+ set I have in my home studio.

chinstrap

Custom molds will give you the best performance- A good fit is also crucial to the end result, so if you contemplate going this route make sure you get guidance from your in ear supplier- Companies like FutureSonics provide guidelines for your ear doctor to make the impressions properly. Here's a short list of some of the best providers you can research.

FutureSonics
Sensaphonics
Jerry Harvey
Etymotics
Ultimate Ears

Shure has new drivers that are being released soon that are supposed to be very nice and a good price, probably in the next month. Make sure you look at the new ones. You can spend less money and get some models as a generic slip in, then get a custom mold insert for the buds to fit in. This is a good cost effective way to get custom performance- the Jerry Harvey site is JHAudio and he is getting rave reviews, his cheapest set is $399. The Etymotics have a lot of fan boys for generics and you can find a set of ER4S for $170 online, $100 for a custom mold, and a guesstimate of $35 for the audiologist fee. Atrios by Futuresonics are also very nice and in the $200 range- you have lots of options, good luck!!

s360guitarist

Silver Supporting Member
We use the Aviom system at one of the Churches I play for.
I brought a nice set of Sony full phones from home and liked them better than the in ears. I just bought a $20 set of Sonys at Wall Mart and they work like a charm. If you get the right set a nicer set of cheapys sounds GREAT with that system. These sound almost as good as the $200+ set I have in my home studio.

This has worked for me as well. I would much rather have in ear molds done but the wife got me a pair of noise reduction headphones for x-mas and I have been using them...

I am the only one going that route and look like Princess Leah with those big buns on my ears but the mix back from the front of house in so much better.

alschnier

Silver Supporting Member
I use sensaphonics (molded), which have dual drivers & have always been very happy.

xcycle

Look...I have $400 UE's without custom ear pieces and to be honest I haven't used them at all since I tried my $80 Klipch buds. The Klipch ear pieces fit me great and I like the smaller size for appearance. I also tried the $80 apple dual driver ones and those were also very nice. You may well be happy as I am...or not, but I thoought I would save you some cash.

Eric

mlweidl

ive got some nice noise cancelling over ear headphones too but i dont think i can do the princess leia look haha. im gonna look into the klipch buds, i dont think i can justify spending 400 bucks on custom molded ones right now

j_m_s

livewires are pretty good!

Although i did lose 5 months of my warranty with only 1 week of use.. sent it back to remould one side because they didn't get it right.. (audiologist's fault) got it back, still didnt fit!!! and then finally getting it back again on saturday.

While i did have it and the left side that fit perfectly was amazing.

I used mine with the avioms in church.

Top Bottom