Best insanely cheap pedals?

doc

Silver Supporting Member
What ridiculously inexpensive pedals have you found to be seriously good? Some I think a lot of folks already know about - like the Behringer Super Fuzz and Vintage Tube OD and Mooer Black Secret. I’m especially curious about sub $30 stuff and things that aren’t on the radar.

Nevets

Silver Supporting Member
I have a couple of mini pedals from Azor which are really good. They're made by Caline who do good cheap pedals. Their blue overdrive is a mini version of their Pure Sky Timmy clone, and sounds just as good (as the Pure Sky, never played a Timmy). I also have their yellow fuzz which is a fun cheap fuzz face clone. They run about $23 on Amazon. Build quality surprisingly solid!

Caline also makes the Dolamo pedals and their orange overdrive (an RC booster clone I think) is getting good reviews. They run around $25.

I think with these super cheapo pedals they're probably just done in a big run. And when they're gone they're gone, so maybe the best thing to do is impulse buy all of them in case one or two are good :)

axehole

EDIT!
Joyo American. Good in front of an amp...but really shines used as an amp modeler. Nice quality pots and knobs and a steal of a deal for $50 bucks.
I no longer can recommend this product...it was hardly used and just yesterday started intermittent power problems and today it will not power on at all. Not a scratch on it.
This really ticks me off because this was one of my favorite pedals. Maybe I will take a chance on another because they are so cheap.

Last edited:

Nevets

Silver Supporting Member
Ryan from 60CycleHum specializes is this shiz. His Affordaboard series is really cool. The all-time champion of this class remains the Cuvave Fuzz.

But they've changed the Cuvave Fuzz now! The newer models don't have that gated fuzz effect. Vintage ones may soon double in price!

The Captain

They have the same tone. The new one doesn't gate out to dead silent when you mute the strings, but that's not really where the tone comes from. People refer to square wave fuzz as "gated", when gating is really something different. They still have the ripping velcro tone.

But they've changed the Cuvave Fuzz now! The newer models don't have that gated fuzz effect. Vintage ones may soon double in price!

RogerWeather

I bought many chinese pedals for some time. It was a sort of collector's addiction which is already over, luckily.
They are good in general, use to be clones of classic pedals. I got some Caline, Joyo, Nux, Tomsline/Aroma, ENO, Aural Dreams, and one Mooer too.
I really like the Joyo Sweet Honey (MP Sweet Honey), a light overdrive, and the Eno Myomorpha (RAT). Apart from these, the most remarkable from my collection in my opinion are: Caline Highway Man (modded Timmy), Nux Mod Core, Nux Time Core, Joyo Vintage Overdrive (TS-808), Caline Sand Storm (Crunch Box), Aural Dream Warm Drive (Boss OD-1?) and Compelling Drive (OCD, more usable than the Joyo version), Mooer Rumble Drive, Aroma Bluesy (Bluesbreaker), Joyo British Sound (Tech 21 British), etc.
Some of them are really cheap, some Calines can be found for 20€ at AliExpress, free shipping.
One special mention for Behringer OD400, a clone of Boss OD3.

Joyo American. Good in front of an amp...but really shines used as an amp modeler. Nice quality pots and knobs and a steal of a deal for $50 bucks.

$40 for a pedal that stands right up there with the priciest boutique boxes I've bought. When I hear the words "amp-like", that's the sound and feel I think of. Incredibly versatile too, I've never had a pedal do so many sounds and be so usable with the knobs in weird positions. Most of the time, it's my main dirt / preamp pedal.

It set such high expectations for the British Sound that I was inevitably disappointed. Although that one's not bad, it's just not as surprisingly good as the American.

I R P

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve bought a few for “fun.”

My favorite might be the Donner Dark Mouse.

jerichoharris

It comes up a lot, the the Mooer Yellow Comp is the best 'suble but makes everything sound better compressor' sub £100 bar none and can be had second hand for £30 and under all day long over here. I picked up a Diamond compressor second hand for £110 and it was definitlely worth the money at that price, but if I'd had to buy new I'd have probably just stuck with the Mooer.

Ben Sp

Dolamo Vintage Distortion is now my favorite RAT and it’s $25. Louder than the Black Secret, and it’s enclosure is the perfect size: small but not annoying to step on. I prefer it to my ‘88 RAT and the EHX Flatiron Fuzz

Trending Topics

Top Bottom