Best insanely cheap pedals?

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I used the Dano Tuna Melt Trem and Hash Browns Flanger on my college board for years, never an issue. I originally bought them since they were the only ones that would actually fit in the space I had available!

Behringer UM300 ultra metal,7 band eq,Joyo 6 band eq.I always run an eq after my dirt.The Fab metal was a surprise when I ran it through some good equalizer action.It's got a sort of sweetness that is unique.The Joyo has been on for 4 years and is still going strong.I've had the Behringers for 15 and 5 years.That doesn't mean I'd depend on 'em for a gig though.

soopajeanmi

Lower mid priced, but amazing value for the money, I'd say, insanely cheap though, not so much.
Got my eleclady for €28 brand new a few years ago, doesn't get much cheaper than that for a pedal that many compare favorably to vintage electric mistress pedals.

For €62 brand new, the tape core is insanily priced, it compares favorably to delays that are sold for +200€

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
I'm still amazed with my Mooer Ana Echo and I use it everyday. As I've stated in other threads, I liked it slightly better than the DM-2W I had...

I got it for $45 - $50

Last edited:

kevinabb

Silver Supporting Member
Just got this killer pedal from Amazon for $13.29 shipped. Smooth drive, like a less-aggressive Bluesbreaker. Works on 5V (USB) or 9V, includes 9V supply and USB cable. Stacking it with a $23 Dumbler gives a beautiful tubey howl. Can't have much more fun for under $40!

What ridiculously inexpensive pedals have you found to be seriously good? Some I think a lot of folks already know about - like the Behringer Super Fuzz and Vintage Tube OD and Mooer Black Secret. I’m especially curious about sub $30 stuff and things that aren’t on the radar.
Flamma FC series. I have an FC05 modulation multi fx. I think it's 39USD direct. It has 11 algorithms, great tones, and transparent dry signal.
Here's mine, definitely recommended! :beer

StratmanSteve

Silver Supporting Member
A couple of Behringers:
  • Ultra Tremolo/Pan TP300 - A clone of the Boss PN-2 panning tremolo
  • Ultra Vibrato UV300 - A Boss VB-2 clone
tne8cDPm.jpg
SNFIAMzm.jpg

Bluedano1

I'm a fan and owner of various cheap import ( Chinese) pedals, and I really like Biyang 'Baby Boom' ones, because:

-they sound really good and great control options w/o being too busy

- they are MXR-size ( like that size)

- most still take batteries, a feature I like with any OD/distortion pedals so I I can just grab one ( w/o board) for a jam or set
I have the Big Muff clone, a Rat clone and a great Reverb. Used to own a TS clone too, but sold it
- also like Caline, Donner, Joyo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220419-182534_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220419-182534_Photos.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220418_113240.jpg
    20220418_113240.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 7

kevinabb

Silver Supporting Member
Flamma FC series. I have an FC05 modulation multi fx. I think it's 39USD direct. It has 11 algorithms, great tones, and transparent dry signal.
Here's mine, definitely recommended! :beer

Thanks! I was looking for an FC05 demo with that kind of detail. I'm assembling a mini-pedal board (Mr. Power 15" board/case, Amazon, $32 shipped) and am limited to seven or eight spaces. I'd love a few simple tremolo, Leslie and chorus approximations but can't justify three spaces for dedicated pedals. That FC05 demo showed me that it will do all three things to my satisfaction. Going to use return privileges on the Trelicopter I just received (it's a nice trem pedal, BTW) and replace it with the FC05.

Feverdog

Mosky Super Rat. $33 including tax and shipping. I’m not a Rat fan or connoisseur so I don’t know how authentic it sounds.

But it has a toggle for classic Rat, Turbo Rat, and no diode boost that absolutely f$&@ing explodes heads.

If anything it sorta reminds me of a Black Arts Pharaoh. Really dark, woolly, doomy distorto-fuzz that could pretend as an OD.

I hope it doesn’t break.
1654229599229.jpeg

Frond

the Donner Morpher is stupid good for the price. its a high gain distortion, a clone of the Suhr Riot.

metal enclosure, true bypass… I picked one up for $10 AUS when they were doing their sales. that's about 7 bucks US. delivered to my door. its the best high gain pedal I've ever played.

fu5qlpd000hf0ioahucc.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom