• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best JCM 800 Tone Ever?

rp108

Great tone! Love JCM 800s. Recorded all the rhythm tracks on our record with a 2204.

For heavy kick ass JCM 800 tone, I always thought this record sounded sick. And if you don't think so you're on the blacklist!

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
I really like raw unprocessed guitar tones.
Here is one of my favorite 800 tones.

thorny

Great tone! Love JCM 800s. Recorded all the rhythm tracks on our record with a 2204.

For heavy kick ass JCM 800 tone, I always thought this record sounded sick. And if you don't think so you're on the blacklist!

Killer!

Gnarlly

Def Leppard High n' Dry. This is what my JCM 800s sound like straight into the amp, everything pretty much on "5," with no boosts (as most of the examples cited so far in this thread have some sort of gain boost):

Last edited:

muzacman02

You guys are making all great Bands with that Great Marshall Tone, However I think Zack Wyldes tones are amazing too, The 800 has a Broad range of great Tones It's one of the most sought after Marshall amps ever, Well next to the Plexi, We Can't forget the Fellas of Trivium

andyk

Silver Supporting Member
Love the sound of a cranked 800, especially with 6550 tubes.

Check out the tone on Accept's "Balls to the Wall"! Insane tubes on fire tone!

Sean French

The 2204/2203 is my fav Marshall.
They can cover anything from blues rock, classic rock to heavy metal with no drive pedals needed.
Plus, thay can get very Plexi like if one cranks the volume to 3/4 and use the pre-amp as the volume.

I luv my EL-34 JMP 2204. :dude

Trending Topics