Best Leslie Sound VS Mojo Vibe??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BluesHarp, Jan 31, 2008.

1. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Supporting Member

If I were to check out leslie sounds ( in a pedal ) would I be waisting my time to look away from my Mojo Vibe? Ive heard great things about the Analogman Bi-Chorus... was this pedal supposed to get a leslie sound any?

I dont use the vibe portion of my MV very much with any major kind of intensity... sounds way too out of tune-ish ( ? ) to me. But... I would like to nail a good leslie sound. I know vibe and leslie sounds are different, but I want something that is analog/vintage sounding while being a contender to the MV.

Thanks

2. motis1953

motis1953 Member

This company makes a fabulous Leslie simulator that runs on a 24v power supply. Because they just released a new version that runs at 9v and has a couple extra bells and whistles there are some of the older models coming to the used market at reasonable prices. They sound more like a Leslie than anything I've heard.

3. jazzguitar

jazzguitar Supporting Member

I know I'm gonna get slammed for this but I love my good old Boss CE-5 for fast leslie sounds. I actually sold my DLS RotoSim and kept the Boss. It ain't booteek or pretty but it sounds great and you can beat the bang for the buck.

4. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

don't forget the industry standard h&k rotosphere.

for a laugh, i tried an e h pog, which can do a disturbingly good hammond-esque organ sound, into a rotosphere. damn if it didn't sound very much like the real thing!

5. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

I would not consider a vibe for leslie sounds at all. They are very diff. Too much so . . . . I used a Boss CE5 for my leslie sounds for a LONG time, until I found that the dd20 could do it just as well or better. Then I had room for a tremolo on my board :-D

6. mprvise

mprvise Member

Option 5 Destination Rotation Single AND Mojo Vibe on my board.

7. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Supporting Member

They are apples and oranges but the vibe was initially developed to similate a leslie cabinet effect... it was just named a univibe. The Sweet Sound MV version is the best on the market by far and I think bridges the gap quite a bit in terms of realism. If you ramp up the Vibe on vibrato setting to the exact speed ( high speed ) as the D5 by watching the lights ( on light keyboard setting ) .. then youd be suprised in terms of pitch and effect how they are close. In slow speed they are a bit more different.

The D5 is a tad more organic and muddier, but the MV is less obtrusive and more precise. When stacking with say the Jetter GSR before each, its usefulness VS quality blurs a bit and your left with the overall sound appeal. Man... I wish you could adjust the leaving volume on the D5 without ingaging the distortion... it would make for a better comparison. If Ive learned anything, I've learned how better to use my MV..:AOK

Im using the original D5 so the single may be what Im wanting.

8. amphead777

amphead777 Member

I agree the Destination Rotation in stereo is the best I've heard.

9. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Silver Supporting Member

IMO, the Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus does a great Leslie sound.