• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best Live Metronome?

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I am looking for a great metronome to use live. I have worked with guys who used the Tama Rhythm Watch and that seems pretty nice. What are some other good ones? Thanks.

ohiomatt33

My favorite and a few of the guys I play with as well, is the "Tempo" app from Frozen Ape. I use it both on my phone and iPad. It is incredibly flexible, and I love that you can set up playlists to make gigging with it incredibly easy.

I want to say it costs $2 in the App Store, something like that. There is a great free two week "bootcamp" on all the ins and outs of using it on fretboardanatomy.com

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
People really use metronomes live?
Playing to a click live?

Absolutely. Did it for years, and wished I did now. The band I currently play with drifts all the time. The singer always pushes the beat, and the keyboardist is often dragging. Drives me crazy.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
If the drummer wants to use and manage a click live, I'm fine. Me, and the rest of the band, are pretty much going to follow the drummer. Whatever he's got in his monitor mix is his business.

Skeet skeet!

I used to play at open mikes with the guys from The Practically Hip (canadas #1 tragically hip cover band!). They did it do commandeer some of the wayward jammers. It keeps people in line but it made sure no one was ever really creating a groove because someone was going to be off time slightly eventually, and instead of listening to each other WE OBEYED THE MIGHTY KORG.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
I'd say 90% of the original bands we play with play with a metronome or a click. Being tighter than tight is actually important in many genres of music.
Well, sure--how else are the "enhancement" tracks going to sync up otherwise?

Aaron Mayo

A good drummer is helpful, but what if you have to play an unaccompanied intro? Everybody in the band should be holding it down.

Trending Topics