Best looking Driskill I have seen

twitch

Being that I have a Driksill with 3 P90's, I'm sure it sounds incredible as well. This thing is off the charts IMO.

niersbach

Silver Supporting Member
The inlay doesnt really do much for me, but the neck on it is killer (there are a bunch of pics of it floating around) and the way the volume and tone knobs actually almost perfectly match the flame top just really sets it off to me!!

When I first saw pictures of it before the paint I asked myself why someone would get a flamed topp Driskill when he is putting out some of hte best looking quilt tops ever, but now I guess I have my answer!!! 2 BIG THUMBS UP MIKE!!!!

JPERRYROCKS

Trans black is a cool color and it looks great with the black soap-bars.

I'm not a big fan of some of the over the top Driskills (and not just him but guitars as a whole) that are painted blue, purple, and every other color of the rainbow with pillow quilt tops.

Mike Dresch

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks everyone!

It's pretty cool when you're able to convey exactly what's in your head to a luthier and have him knock it out of the park.

Here's a slightly larger photo to see the details a little better:

I should have it next Tuesday if Mother Nature cooperates (it's snowing something fierce up here in the Dakotas right now with temperatures hovering around zero).

Here's a page I created showing the various stages of the build process:
http://sio.midco.net/cathouseproductions/about/driskill/driskill.htm

Can't wait until I get to play her! I've got a bunch of studio sessions lined up where I'll get to put her to good use!

DrPCR

That thing SUCKS,

sell it to me. haha.

Man, Mike, I'm so happy for you buddy. That thing is KILLER. Kudos to you and Joe. I've seen that guitar in its peices, and the final product is outta site. I have to agree its one of the best looking Driskills that Joe has put out.

I remember seeing that fretboard on one of my visits to Joe's shop along with some other fretboards of other members.

Can't wait for the tone report Mike. All I have to tell you, is that one word always comes to my mind when I play my Driskills, SUSTAIN. I think Joe needs to get knobs that go to 11!

Mike Dresch

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by DrPCR
That thing SUCKS,

sell it to me. haha.

Man, Mike, I'm so happy for you buddy. That thing is KILLER. Kudos to you and Joe. I've seen that guitar in its peices, and the final product is outta site. I have to agree its one of the best looking Driskills that Joe has put out.

I remember seeing that fretboard on one of my visits to Joe's shop along with some other fretboards of other members.

Can't wait for the tone report Mike. All I have to tell you, is that one word always comes to my mind when I play my Driskills, SUSTAIN. I think Joe needs to get knobs that go to 11!
Thanks Will! Funny you should mention the sustain. Joe sent an email yesterday with the first completed picture and said it was a "sustain master". One thing's for sure, this baby's got some girth. Inch and a half thick Honduran mahogany back with an inch thick maple top. About 9lbs 11oz of tone! And it's chambered to boot!

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
Beautiful guitar. The fingerboard inlay is not my cup of tea but, as always with Joe's work, it's masterfully done.

MusicGearGuys

Wow, thats simply amazing.
Joe, you have out done yourself again.
Congrats on the guitar! Killer setup too.

And if I know Joe's work it plays as good as it looks.

Gregory