Best Loooper Alternatives

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bdab_rock, Jul 6, 2006.

1. bdab_rock

bdab_rock Member

Hey I was wondering if it is possible to still get my hands on a Loooper or if there are any alternatives that ppl are using now?

2. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

If I had to buy new in regards to a looper it would be Loop-Master . Every bit as good as a LOOOPER brand IMO.

I should mention that I have 2 of Bogg's multi loop looopers and would buy another if the opportunity presented itself, and I wish him all the best in his life and hope he is feeling better and enjoying life!

3. bdab_rock

bdab_rock Member

thanks alot man that really helps.

4. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

5. pfflam

pfflam Silver Supporting Member

How about ultra cheapo DIY ideas? . . . . lets say, six switches and LEDs?

6. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I had a really great experience working with WOBO, I'm going to have them make my front-end switching/loop system as well when I have the design finished/can afford it.

7. mild

mild Member

8. Stevoreen

Stevoreen Member

Another vote for Loop-Master. I have one of his A/B switch pedals that has always worked perfectly. Brian's great to work with too. He's building me a custom looper now that should be on my board shortly.

9. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

I posted on a thread about this a while back, with links to schematics and parts, you'd be surprised what a multi loop pedal entails just in parts costs! The builders out there get volume deals on supplies, and that is paired up with experience in assembly and mods. I wouldn't want to discourage anyone with their heart set on it, but just laying out the box and drilling pilot holes for the jacks switches and LED's is gonna take longer than deciding what to order new,or parts! Six good switches, $30.00/ 14 female jacks $28.00/ 6 LED's and bezels $15.00/ I box,$10-20.00/ wire, solder$6.00/ paint $4.50 and let's say $12.00 to ship the needed parts plus TAX on what you buy locally almost $120.00 spent, if you don't Mess up and break something and have all the needed tools and skills, or play the guitar and wait for a delivery?