• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best low / med gain OD for chord clarity

houvin

I mostly play chords and do some picking. No leads. I'll be using p90s into a 15 watt class A amp. I'm not a huge tubescreamer fan...maybe because the only one I used (maxon OD9) seems to lose definition. I've got an opportunity to pick up a Gristle King but that might not be much different than the tubescreams. I've used a Barber Silver LTD and it worked pretty well but I would need a clean boost to go along with it.

(I've actually asked this question in a couple differnet ways, but the more I hear, the more clarity I get on what info I need to give you guys.)

Hope this helps...(me)! I'm going to make the move on Monday.

plan-x

That Barber LTD silver you mentioned is one of the best low/med OD's available. Clean boost huh? Get another LTD!

VCuomo

What, no love for the Xotic Effects AC or RC? Pretty mild to me... Even the BB can be set pretty mild, and is also a fairly transparent pedal (to my ears, anyway).

houvin

Would I be better off with the Silver and Launch Pad or Silver and Small Fry? I'm getting close!

plan-x

If you're looking for a boost, which doesn't change you're sound, go launch pad. But if you're looking for a different flavor when you boost, yeah get a Small Fry. I use 2 LTD's and a Direct Drive. 1st LTD for low gain, 2nd for some med crunch. Stacked for heavier crunch and the Direct Drive I set with the vol. above unity for a lead already boosted.

steelplayer

+1 on the LTD and Launch Pad. Great combo.
I like the LTD SR just a bit better than the silver. Seems to have a flatter response. Super, super chord clarity with just the right amount of grit.

Jay Strange

Silver Supporting Member
For me that would definately be the Tim. Thats exactly how I would describe how the pedal works best. Great EQ to boot.

Dandy13

I just got a carb and chords sound great through this thing! I too am a rhythm player and I'm loving it so far. Can be crystal clear with just the right amount of dirt and grit. I also got one of the new burst eternity's a couple weeks ago, and though it may be the sweetest sounding OD I've ever heard if i had to choose I would keep the carb because it suits my style of playing better. The E just makes me want to play blues licks all day.:crazy

Trending Topics