• Gold

Votes: 62 37.3%
  • Pelham Blue

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Neither, you're a knob.

Votes: 93 56.0%

• Total voters

Turi

i would have picked neither a little faster if it weren't for the knob thing. everyone knows red guitars are the best. it's science
Haha I out that their as in me, Lithsp, is a knob for starting a best LP colour and only offering two options.

I've heard red guitars come the fastest.
Not sure that's a quality that is desirable.

slowerhand

Silver Supporting Member
Between those two, the blue one. I like all black LP Standards. Fancy flame detracts from the beauty of the shape. Black is a nice, manly rock 'n roll look.

BeardoCI

I actually love that ^ guitar. Had it 17 years, dinged it, dropped it, played the absolute life out of it, and it still looks and feels great. A keeper, for sure.

Turi

I actually love that ^ guitar. Had it 17 years, dinged it, dropped it, played the absolute life out of it, and it still looks and feels great. A keeper, for sure.
Nice man.
I checked some studios out the other day, and again earlier today.
Really dig 'em.

Not sure what the difference is between them and the Standards. I think it's all cosmetic - i.e poly finish, humbucker covers.. nothing major.. same pickups?

OiRogers

Nice man.
Really dig 'em.

Not sure what the difference is between them and the Standards. I think it's all cosmetic - i.e poly finish, humbucker covers.. nothing major.. same pickups?
Biggest difference is the bindings.

BeardoCI

Nice man.
Really dig 'em.

Things have changed a lot since I got that one, so hard to say :D
I mean, when my Studio there was new, you basically didn't get a carved maple cap on many Epi LP models at all, and certainly not a Studio! I think they all got basically the same pickups, yeah - although as you've seen there's a tendency to charge a bit more for limited runs and put 'proper' Gibson buckers in those of late. Makes for a pretty good deal, usually.

Simto

I'm a pelham blue fanboy, but that looks absolutely horrible. I think Pelham blue only works with black plastic parts and the bindng has to be white. Even then I still find it kinda... off for a Les Paul. I like gold and slighty faded bursts for a Les Paul best so I voted Gold

(By the way, I think Epiphone makes some good stuff so I'm not a hater)

Nice man.
Really dig 'em.

Most of the Epiphones have the same pickups and electronics and you pay more for the cosmetics on most of the models (The really cheap epiphones have very thin bodies too so you also pay more or the normal thickness)

Last edited:

Trending Topics