• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best Marshall Sounding low wattage tube amp?

texasturner

Hello everyone. What low wattage boutique tube out there emulates a classic 70's marshall sound the best? Are there any you have tried lately that have been impressive?

Steve73

Nothing wrong with the 20 watt Marshall 2061x, it really nails the early '70's plexi sound in a lower watt rig. Still plenty loud though.

tybone

For me it is the Trinity 18 with their variable B+ scheme. Absolutely cranked tone at whisper levels.

ItJustRocks

Platinum Supporting Member
I don't know how low you need to go but I've tried the Cornford Harlequin (5w) and Carrera (5-8w) and they do a good marshall-style tone at low volumes. They have good master volumes as well.
My favorite 18watters are 65 Amps London, Bacino, and Blockhead Firstborn (although I don't if Blockheads are till being made).

Joe Boy

I went through the same search about two years ago.

Reinhardt did it for me. I went for the Vintage 50 though.
Rave reviews on his lower powered version's as well.

Mickey Shane

apolitical
Gold Supporting Member
The Fender Tweed Bassman was the prototype for the Marshall. Mine's about 40W with 5881 power tubes.

soldano16

If you have some extra coin and really want THAT tone, buy a 100 watt JMP clone and an Ultimate Attenuator.

Trending Topics