Best match for my V30 between...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Clear Guy, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Clear Guy

Clear Guy Member

I am going to be running a high powered Mission 5E3 Deluxe into a Low Powered Tweed Twin 212 special Mojo cab the fits the 5E3 chassis. I have a V30 (China), A Weber 30 watt ceramic blue dog and a G12h30 (China). I have been using the V30 for two years now and really dig how it works in the Deluxe small cab.
    I am trying see what will mix best with the V30 between the BD30 and the G12h30. I dont need any more mids so I would to have the other speaker be brighter than the V30 with less mids and a decent low end.

Sort of really wondering the differences between the Weber 30 watt ceramic blue dog and a G12h30 (China) and how they might mix with the V30.

Thanks in advance

2. Clear Guy

Clear Guy Member

3. gulliver

gulliver Supporting Member

You're describing the CL-80 ... but in my experience it didn't mix very well with the V30. I like to mix speakers that are more similar for a tighter sound.

4. portcitymusic

portcitymusic Supporting Member

I would prefer the G12H30. My 2 cents.......

Daniel
    Port City Amps

5. mj07

mj07 Supporting Member

V30's and G12H30's sound good together with just about anything.

6. Rev2S

Rev2S Member

Take a left on Hudgens Rd, then a right on....
    I have a CL80 and V30 mix....I don't like it as much as two CL80s that I orginally had.

I would go with a V30/G12H30.

7. Clear Guy

Clear Guy Member

Thanks for all the input.
    What exactly are the inherent differences between A V30 and a Ceramic Blue Dog 30?

8. Rev2S

Rev2S Member

Take a left on Hudgens Rd, then a right on....
    Hmmm...I would guess that the V30 is more middy while the ceramic blue would have a bigger low end and nice highs. Maybe someone else will chime in here...

9. Clear Guy

Clear Guy Member

10. stratton

stratton Member

OK, I'll chime.. I'd guess the V30 would have more low mid and the cermaic blue would have more high mid, where chime lives.

V30s sound scooped to me.

11. CopperTop

CopperTop Member

I recently swapped a G12H30 out of my 2x12 Avatar Cab for a V30 (Thanks mcdyas!) and am very pleased with the results.

With the 2 G12H30's the cab could get a lil boomy along with a bright top end. Adding in the V30 smoothed everything out and filled in where the G12H30 left off.

I wish I would have done this a long time ago, on their own each speaker has its faults but they really do compliment each other by mixing.

12. Clear Guy

Clear Guy Member

I am currently trying the G12h with blue Dog and I am kind of digging the extra chime.

I definitely dont think the V30 is scooped and I would say the g12h falls more into that category.

13. stratton

stratton Member

Well, check this out, V30: http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/products/classic/detail.asp?ID=4

And G12H:

http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/products/classic/detail.asp?ID=7

I think I have my interpretation of the data, I'm curious to see what yours is. I see extended lows and highs on the V30, which could be perceived as being scooped. Midrange seems about the same except a presence peak on the G12. The G12 has a more linear high end, but then the V30 has the extended high mids and highs the G12 doesn't.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  14. cr8z4life

cr8z4life Silver Supporting Member

My sentiments exactly......like a swiss army knife also a good combo would be a blue with the g12h.......

15. jchan

jchan Member

I think the V30 has more mid emphasis and the G12H30 has bumped highs and lows. They go well together since they fill out the spectrum.

16. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    +1 on the above posts with a V30 and G12H30 being a nice combo. i've had that specific combo in the past and it's currently my speaker config in my TopHat....the G12 has a nice firm low-end with chimey highs that complements the midrange of the V30.

i've never tried the weber so can't provide any input...