Best match for Weber Ceramic Blue Dog in 2X12

ttingley

Just wondering what you all thought would be a good match for this speaker? I like the complexity that mismatched speakers produce. Looking for something to balance it out in my open back 2x12 cab. Maybe a G12H or a V30?

Also, my cab is no name open back 2x12 made of 3/4" ply that seems to be made pretty well but the thing is covered in ugly black carpet. Have any of you noticed that carpet affects tone at all?

Dave

Somebody will move this to the proper forum, no biggie.

The Silver Bell is a popular choice for pairing with the Blue Dog. I've had that combo and it's great. A G12H would also be a good choice IMO.

SLG

I would recommend the Weber Silver Bell or G12H30 as well. Both speakers nicely complement the Blue Dog.

ttingley

Thanks for the input. Oops, rookie move. How do I move this to the right forum? Should I just delete and repost?

Telerockr

My PERSONAL favorite......an alnico Blue Dog !!!! :AOK

Silver Bell is a good one too, but I love the ceramic/alnico mix.

straticus

Another vote for the ceramic Blue Dog / Silver Bell combo.

I have this set up in a 2x12 closed back cab and it rocks for cleans, overdrive, and distorted tones. Just about anything sounds great.

Bazaboy33

Supporting Member
I've got my ceramic Blue Dog paired with a 70's G12-65 in a convertible & it sounds great. I also tried a Hellatone 30 (G12H30). It sounded good as well, but not as nice as the G12-65. Of course, the Hellatone was brand new & the 65 has been well broken in.

Trending Topics