Best MK II for single coils PUPs

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Nebula9, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Nebula9

Nebula9 Member

I am trying to get feedback on what MK II fuzz pedals sound the best w/single coil PUPs.

Based on my early research the MJM Britbender (three knob) seems to be where I am leaning. But w/out playing its hard to judge.

I play a '60 Strat Relic (custom shop ’66 PUPS w/a Dimarzio SuperD in the bridge) through a '66 Bassman. I'm looking for a fuzz tone that’s deep and rich, but doesn't take away from the actual "tone/pitch" itself. If that makes sense.

If anyone can provide me w/their thoughts/feedback on this topic I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Much!!

2. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^ Supporting Member

For me the Pro Analog MKIII was far better than any MKII I tried. The benefit was it worked great into a clean or dirty amp which none of the MKII's did. All the MKII's were too bright.

3. JLee

JLee Member

Build yourself a Supa Fuzz clone. A bit more bass and less high end than a MKII. Just enough to make it work better with single coils IMHO.

4. Wheeler004

Wheeler004 Member

+1 for the ProAnalog. Not the best customer service, but great pedals.

5. iggs

iggs Member

I have a Throbak Stonebender and Retroman Lola, both excellent pedals. I believe Stonebender is more of a "traditional" MKII, it is brighter of the two but never too bright.

Lola sounds like what you're looking for, it's thicker, has more gain and is not bright at all. It can be tweaked to sound like a more traditional MKII but is much more then that.

You can find some clips here: http://www.youtube.com/nshc

6. jgyn

jgyn Member

+1.
    I bought mine already built.

7. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

Great pedal.

8. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

Another vote for the excellent Pro Analog MkIII. Out of all the pedals I bought last year I put that one at the top of the list.

9. martinsmith06

martinsmith06 Member

+1 for MKIII... it's making me re-think my entire board, and it's convinced me to sell off a lot of my favorite dirt boxes. Thanks Jazz.

10. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

:cry:

LOL. Glad you are digging it!! I sure miss it.