Best monitors for under $200

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Guitarplayerdan, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

Just looking to start laying some tracks down and doing some Reason projects. What would be good. So best monitors for under 200. A guy I met the other day said the berhinger is suprisingly good.

2. semore butts

semore butts Member

I paid 300 bucks for them and they sounded just as good as the next ones up that were 500.

I know thats not in the range you were talking about, I'm just sayin thats what I got.

I like em!

3. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

4. RKHIII

RKHIII Member

I think whats more important is finding something that suits your ears, is a fairly flat sounding monitor and then just getting acclamated to 'em and knowing their every nuance. I have a pair of KRK Rockit 8's w/ sub but I'm sure a lot of folks mix using some fairly inexpensive computer speakers and they get decent results because they're intimately familiar with whatever they're using...in fact, many use computer speakers as a backup to their main monitors. The defacto standard NS10M's certainly didn't sound "good" - folks just knew 'em since they were in all the studios. I'm not sure that really helps much...bottom line - trust your ears. In my opinion, theres no need to break the bank for a pair of monitors...just find something and stick with 'em.

5. shawntp

shawntp Member

I bought a pair of KRK V-4 monitors from guitar center as open box in the last 6 months for $150 - they are smaller and lack deep bass for certain types but the were more refined/detailed/balanced than any of the orther ones I tried in that price range.

6. Siaip Ciuvas

Siaip Ciuvas Member

for home use V4s are great! I used V6s at home, and must say the room was too small to open those up, switched to V4s and I heard an improvement. Still use them in our studio for tracking purpose.