Best Muff clone that worked for you?

DavidRAZ

I like Muffs I already got a NYC Muff but its to big and the mids in this pedal are a bit weak. I want to get a EQD Hoof or a Vick Audio Violet Rams Head or the new ARC Effects Shepherd, that last pedal looks and sounds awesome. What do you recommend me for a new Muff and what have you get?

Sociophile

"Ignore" Button Aficionado
Thorpy Muffroom Cloud is my favorite Muff variant.

Other good options are the Noel Cornet (darker, very smooth), the Abominable Electronics Hail Satan (great mids and clarity), and the BMP-1 by MojoHand FX (incredible bass response, tons of liquid sustain).

If you aren't married to the muff design, all the Frantone fuzzes are spectacular as well.

ungarn

EQD Hoof ended my search.
There are plenty of good ones out there...none better than Hoof IMHO.

Black_Label

I've never tried a Wren & Cuff, though I see they always get rave reviews. I saw Sidewave last night (no affiliation), and their singer/guitarist was using a W&C Tall Font Russian that sounded absolutely killer.
There are some good modern Muffs like the Hoof and Musket that seem to have taken the circuit and updated it a bit. I think W&C and SUF are making the best vintage Muff reissues right now that really capture the sound of the originals. Typically, my favorite circuit is the Civil War/Tall Font but I have a W&C Tri Pie that I really like.

wundergussy

Silver Supporting Member
I've been through so many; a few Skreddies, SUF (including limited ones), muskets, wren and cuff, MJM, on and on. Hoof always worked the best, especially with humbuckers.

plaidbeer

My experience has been limited to the BBM, Tone Wicker, and Black Arts LSTR. I like the LSTR the most and it's not close.

Ivo

Castledine V2 for my Ram's Head itch and Buffalo Fx Patriot for Civil War.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Arc Effects Big Green, awesome Muff.

Trending Topics