Best multieffects for praise and worship?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TE-11, Aug 24, 2014.

1. TE-11

TE-11 Member

one that has good delay with tap tempo, and reverb sound, can go back and forth between diff. patches.. basically one that has all the essentials of a P&W music.

i was originally planning to set up a P&W pedalboard, but for practicality, i now just want a multieffects.

2. jmcorey

jmcorey Member

I use an RP1000.

3. King Rat

King Rat Member

It's the same mulfieffects that would be best for non P & W music son... be smart!

4. TE-11

TE-11 Member

I dont know much about multieffects pedals but i do know that some have good overdrive tones but crappy ambient sounds while others have the other way around. that is why i specifically asked for one with good delay and reverb :)

5. mjl9787

mjl9787 Member

Digitech rp series, as mentioned. Line 6 m9 does ambient and scene switching conveniently if you don't need amp modeling.

6. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

I disagree about the RP series. They work well for ska and polka, but not for P&W, IMO.

7. Turi

Turi Member

Might have better luck in the Digital Modelling area.

EDIT:

FWIW, I've shifted over to single pedals from multi-fx, and am not looking back. MFX are shithouse. Absolutely terrible.

What do you need for P&W anyway? A bit of reverb, a delay and an OD or what? Bout it, right?
    Probably cheaper to just get the single pedals, which will sound way better and be way easier to dial in how you like.

8. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Line 6 M9 or M13. Or if you want to go direct at your church, get a Line 6 POD500

9. Igotsoul4u

Igotsoul4u Member

My vote would be for a Trex magnus/soulmate, TC electronics nova system, Sansamp Flyrig.

I still think it's best to use pedals so if one breaks you can replace the single pedal. If a multifx breaks you are toast.

10. Archangelyabbo

Archangelyabbo Member

Nova System.
    Tap tempo, great delay and reverb.

11. treeuh

treeuh Member

Yeah, I wouldn't be worries so much about what is and isn't for P&W when it comes to gear. Obviously if you're actually at Hillsong, Bethel, or Elevation try to get onboard with the sounds they use, but by and large it's not really necessary to try to directly imitate their tones.

Give us some more context to what your situation is-- are you running direct, amps onstage/backstage/isobox?

I'll assume it's the standard church set up and you have to run really quiet. So while some are saying to get a POD HD500, I'd suggest putting that into a good overdrive (Timmy, TS808-style, VS XO, etc), tap delay, and a tuner. That should run about $300-350 depending what you go with, then put the rest toward a Vox AC4 or some other actual amp. It'll benefit your practice time as well as your ability to pull sounds with what you've got.

despite the complicated state of my current rig, I think stretching yourself with the materials/resource you've got is much better than dumping money into the well that can only be filled with experience and practice...

12. TheKermitC

TheKermitC Member

true that .. furthermore I would recommend just a decent delay and reverb pedal..( /w chorus as a bonus) ..that should do it ...sometimes I need to use my acoustic and these pedals work just fine …..however multi effects dont seem to work great with acoustic guitars ... I use the CB Echorec and the stereo wet for all my needs ...earlier I used the DD7 and TC HOF which were fine too...I also have timeline …which I only us if im going for a specific sound …if you are into P&W n using a multifx im pretty sure you will only use a few patches…

13. jmcorey

jmcorey Member

Works for me just fine. Why do you find them ineffective?