• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best new, readily available Fender

joeysigna

Hey there,

I have to pick a fender amp. I dont honestly know that much about amps. I know my needs...I need alot of clean headroom because i only use pedals, i wont/cant use the amp overdrive, it needs to be semi-loud, loud enough for a large club, tour-ready, and easy to maintain.
I dont really know the difference between Blues, Tweed, Blackface, Silverface... i feel completely ignorant when it comes to amps. I need to your help. Im going on tour with a fender endorsement and i need to pick an amp basically. i just dont know which one is best.
I play Gretsch and Fender guitars.

Thank you!

JDJ

Silver Supporting Member
It would be best to go to a dealer and try out different models. However, based upon your need for "alot of clean headroom", I'd suggest a Twin Reverb reissue. Just put some nice tubes in it and bias it properly.

jayn

Super Reverb RI or Bassman LTD. Both will sound great with Gretsch and Fender guitars.

Bottle_Rocket

A Twin is the definition for Fender clean.

A Super Reverb is nice at 40 watts but if you need more headroom than stick with a Twin.

The Bassman LTD is also a nice choice but no reverb and it really shines when you crank it.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I've been a fan of Fender amps forever (hence the name). The clean channel on a HR Deville 4x10 is a great pedal platform. I've got a Blues Deville 4x10 that was made in the US back in the 90s and it takes pedals well, but they now make them in Mexico (I'm guessing that really isn't an issue for you though). The RI Twin Reverb is probably the Fender clean tone that all others are measured by today. The Supersonic is a good amp, but its strength is the OD channel and you said you didn't need OD from the amp. Another strong player if you don't need reverb in the amp is the Tweed reissues... '57 Twin, '57 Deluxe or '59 Bassman. All very pricey and are great platforms for pedals without onboard spring reverb.

Last edited:

joeysigna

That's great! I guess my main question is/was what is the best pedal platform. You guys are awesome!

freaksho

there is no "best", it's a matter of personal taste. so the only responsible answer is to suggest you try a few amps with your pedal board and see what you like most.

since big clean headroom is your primary goal the you should probably focus on the Twin Reverb, Bassman and Super Reverb, as the others above said. the three different takes on the Fender sound, i'm sure you'll be happy with one of them. you may even want them all!

xroads

I love my Hot Rod DeVille 212. Great amp, lot of head-room.
I see that amp on a lot of stages with famous bands as rental amp. It is an inexpensive, reliable clean pedal platform. Plenty loud, and if something breaks, you can get a replacement amp easily, as they are available pretty
much everywhere.

Good luck!!

shark_bite

That's great! I guess my main question is/was what is the best pedal platform. You guys are awesome!
I don't think you could go wrong with the 59 Bassman LTD. The Twin RI isn't bad either, but it's much heavier. Since you'll be using pedals, if you don't already have a Holy Grail or something you'd need one if you want reverb, but that's really the only "shortcoming" of this amp. Tremendously versatile, and it's damn near perfect right out of the box. Not like a lot of these others where you need to get the amp, then swap the tubes and then change the speaker if you want it to sound really good. I've played all the Fenders and owned a bunch - in my opinion no current Fender production amp is as good as the Bassman.

I'd stay away from anything like a Hot Rod Deluxe/Deville if you're looking for a reliable amp. There's a reason those aren't as expensive.

doc

Silver Supporting Member
On tour with a Fender endorsement but not at all familiar with the range of amps they make?:huh Its a weird world. It might help to know the style you play, but based on your post I'm guessing you're young and play some form of alt rock or modern country.

Phoebe

Respectfully, it seems odd to me that a guitarist with the goods to go on the road with an endorsement would have the need to ask.

What's your background?

sqadan

I recommend the '59 Bassman in concurrence with the above posters... Goes great with Gretsch!

But why are you getting a Fender endorsement with no knowledge of their gear?? :huh

Just seems kinda odd.

superswede

1. super reverb ri
2. twin reverb ri
3. Bassman ri

Based on your needs. Any of these will do if you got pedals, reliable amps that take pedals well. stay away from all the Hot rods if you want a classic Fender sound.

joeysigna

yeah I'm semi inexperienced, especially as compared to a lot of you guys but I'm I'm a great position and I had to answer fast so I chose fender because they are readily available around the world without too much hussle. I mean I could I for botique but if anything went wrong a replacement would be much tougher to aquire. I'm not opposed to vox or something but it just has to be good for tour and stuff. I play basically pop rock hence the pedals. I don't really care about reverb so that's no biggie.
Sorry I sound so ignorrant, I just have to make the best decisions with my limited knowledge so I came to you guys cause you know way more than me so I can learn!
Thanks for all your input!

jay42

How would a VibroKing suit this situation? OP -- do you have to move equipment, or is that someone else's job? I'm just thinking what you'd want would be a hand wired Twin Reverb, but that doesn't seem to exist.

Trending Topics