• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Best new/used strat under $1500?

Bunky

Usually prefer 21 frets, but would stretch for 22 as long as she really quacks.

TorzJohnson

You could get a good used Eric Johnson strat, or check out Zzounds and Same Day Music, they have new blems for $1480. They are pretty amazing strats.

Bluesdaddy

I really like my hot rod 57 strat , small v neck , medium jumbo frets, 9.5 radius , great guitar Or a G&L legacy

vds5000

1.) Used CS 'Time Machine' series can sometimes be had for $1400-1500.
2.) Used AVRI can sometimes be had for $900-1000.

tamader74

...I thought about this and what my mind tells me is,...I'm going to answer in just terms of the OP.'s question,...a Strat., which is a 'Fender' product not G&L, Suhr, Kirn, etc., and I'm going to go with the good 'ol tried and true AmStd.,...I've had them more 'consistant' than any other 'Fender' labeled. My HSS that I have now has just a wonderful neck, and I've got it set-up right and tight...sustain for days, and a light touch is all that is needed for a great response. Tom

Lemonhand

Clapton maybe? Totally depends on what features you like, but my Clapton is probably the best Stratocaster I've ever had.

wilblee

Hack sans shame
Platinum Supporting Member
Spend a little time on ebay and you can pick up a used Am Dlx Strat (2002 - 2007 are the years I like), then swap out the pickups and control harness for those from your favorite manufacturer, then take it to your favorite pro for good setup and you will have a fabulous Strat.

Used American Deluxe in showroom condition $900
+ New pickups/control harness/pickguard $400
+ Pro setup $85
= <$1500

The prices I've listed are in the middle range of what I've paid for each component (except setup), but only one, out of five, has gone above $1500 total and that's because it was a limited edition that I really wanted (none more black) and I put Kinman pickups/controls in it (Kinmans are good, but spendy). Even it stayed south of $1700. 2 outta 5 were <$1000 all in. That may go to 3 depending on what pickups/harness I choose for the 5th.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom