best noise reducer pedal

ricks57custom

I'm having some noise issues due to the amount of pedals I use and I was wondering what the best pedal for reducing line level noise is. I'm not a fan of rocktron and I'd prefer a small-sized pedal, due to lack of space on my board. Any suggestions?

ptown65

Gold Supporting Member
ISP Decimator. I just bought one from a fellow gear pager and tried it out last night. Wow!!! Dead silent pedal about the size of a Boss pedal. Built like a tank . One knob and very transparent. I have 2 Looopers and run it w/ my overdrives only and bypass it when not using OD and it works like a charm.

EL-Dougie

+1 on the ISP Decimator. As described. Have seen criticisms in similar posts, but works fine for my gear...

while we're on the subject, has anyone tried the Carl Martin Noise Terminator.

The ISP is the one I always hear about.

( hope I'm not derailing the thread)

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Gold Supporting Member
I bought the ISP recently and must say, it works exactly as advertised.

aaland_brian

Silver Supporting Member
Whoa, that new ISP G-string is what I have been wanting for years. I really want to try it and the TC Nova Dynamics when they come out.

jumpchamp

i've been pretty happy with my rocktron hush when it's been needed. especially in an effects loop, works very well. added bonus (i think anyways) is that you can truly use it as an effect too. if you turn the hush up all the way, it'll really clamp down on your sound, will let hardly any sustain through at all. now, that's typically not what we're all looking for, of course, but that type of sound can definitely be used as an effect in certain situations.

Tbone135

I still use my Rocktron Hush every weekend. The cheap little dude is bulletproof and does a great job killing noise very simply.

aksman

I've got the decimator, and it's doing the job very well, though I've still been wondering about the MXR SmartGate.

Waxhead

The MXR Smart Gate is as good as the ISP Decimator IMHO provided you don't have an extremely noisy rig to begin with. It's also cheaper :AOK

Trending Topics