Best Non-Solid Core Instrument Cable

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Farbulous, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Farbulous

Farbulous Member

So I am going to make a couple nice cables for home recording use to run from my guitar to the board and from the board to the amp. I've done some reading here on the board and elsewhere, and I'm having trouble deciding which cable to go with. Really just looking for opinions here. Hardiness and longevity is not quite as important because they will only have gentle use, which makes tone and low impedance the real important factors. From what I can tell Mogami 2524, Gepco or Canare seem to be the way to go. Also, I've heard some bad things about Neutrik jacks, so maybe Amphernol? I'd like something straight, and not right-angled, and really good quality.

I know I said non-solid core in the title, but is there any reason why solid core might be better for this application? If so, convince me.

Suggestions?

2. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Solid core is what I would probably suggest for home recording. You really get a nice clarity out of solid core and the stiffness is not usually an issue for recording.