Best Octave Fuzz?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Kometude, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Kometude

Kometude Member

Hey everybody, I'm looking for an octave fuzz that can deliver nice organic fuzz tones with real personality and, if possible, a switch for switching the octave effect on and off. Probably germanium is preferable to silicon, but I'm open to both. Any good suggestions? The Captain Coconut looks nice but the price would put a hurt on me. Thanks!

2. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

i have a Lovepedal Karl on the way, ill let ya know the results.

also for an octave, the J. Everman Octave X clips sound killer!

3. Franklin

Franklin Member

Check out the Foxrox Octron!

4. John E

John E Member

Sean's(Love Pedal) "Believe" pedal was amazing, they are not listed on the site but I "believe" he still makes them. Absolutely KILLER octave pedal... also, on a budget, I really like the Dano French Toast... sounds great with Octave on and gain down being goosed by another pedal... all kinds of cool sounds to be had for all of $30 bucks new.

5. Dr Rico

Dr Rico Member

I've been using a Believe for awhile and RILLY dig it. Gig-tested and approved by the good Doc.

That said, The Karl is hip, the BJFE GAF is hip, The FoxRox Octron is hip (has octave down, too!), The Wyllie Ozo is hip, The Wyllie Moonrock is hip, The PE Experience is hip...heck lots of great choices. Different peds for different axes and different amps, ya know? I no longer have the EXP or Wyllie peds, but the rest are in rotation.

Love dem octaves...

6. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Fender Blender. I've not tried one of the new ones, but the old ones are far more musical and useful in my low to mid-gain world than the Foxrox or other Octavia clones (tried Mayer, Philpott, Prescription and a few others). Can go from fairly sane, Fuzz Face tone, to pretty whacked out.

7. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

I've had the Roger Mayer Octavia for quite a few years & I love how it sounds. Granted, I haven't tried any newer or botique versions lately, but I'm sure the quality is there. I'm really curious about the Fender Blender though and will try it out next time I'm in my local shop. In the meantime though the Octavia more than suits me fine...plus it's freakin' cool looking! UFO!

8. NB_Terry

NB_Terry Member

9. muddy

muddy Member

i could never get sean to make me a believe! i've wanted one FOREVER!!! but i've resigned myself to never having one... the karl is EXCELLENT!!! IT AIN'T AN OCTAVER, AS SUCH (****in' caps!!! i am NOT goin' back!), rather, it's a fuzz with the biasing a little askew, or off center. the everman is king! i did those clips, btw. it's really worth every penny just because of how tweakable it is. but the octron is the emperor king! it is BOTH tweakable AND feature-laden! the bass octave is frightening!!! and it gets my vote.

ml

10. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I want a KR Doubler. http://www.krmusicalproducts.com/

It's an Octavia clone, but that first sample is what sold me. I am not in a financial spot at the moment to get one, but it's only $159, if I remember correctly.

11. John E

John E Member

The Believe is KILLER... Sean let me test drive it maybe last year? When he was first starting out. Lot's of presence, not to fuzzy, sounded incredible when I goosed it with my modded BD-2 as well. I gigged it 2x an LOVED it... I needed a Fuzz more at that time though so I got a Fuzz50 instead. I'm actually thinking about selling the Fuzz50 and picking up a COT50, or a Believe if I can get him to make me one LOL.

12. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Chicago Iron ... if I could ever afford it!

13. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

I still love the Fulltone Octafuzz through a dirty amp, volume all the way over, and boost al the way off. Through a clean amp, it becomes a little more of a challange to find the right one. I might say Chicago Iron for clean amps.