• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Best OD / Boost for slide tone

pepperco

Silver Supporting Member
Title says it all, what are you stompin on when you
need to grab a great slide tone ? I had an AC Booster
that seemed to work good. What should I try ?

THANKS !!

BmoreTele

Mosferatu. Smooth, sustain for days, reminds me of Pete Haycock from Climax Blues Band, for you other old guys. :hiP

StompBoxBlues

That actually was what drew me to order the Zendrive. Have always loved the Allman bros. slide sounds, especially lately on their new stuff with Warren Haynes getting that amazing "zipperlike" slide tone.

I don't know if it will get it for me, but I am betting on the Zendrive, and the MI Blues Pro (also on order). The sound clips of the Zendrive convinced me, to me they sound really close to that Haynes sound.

course...let's not forget techinque (I am trying to get that sound even without those great pedals, as close as I can) but it seems like they can get me close.

macula56

Gold Supporting Member
i tried the zen for slide and i didn't think it was all that wonderful. right now i'm using my Fab 50 into a modded BD-2 and i really like the tones i'm getting. very responsive, not that the zen wasn't. i just like it better. but the zen is still cool overall. amp choice makes a very big difference in the sound.

gururyan

My Banzai Cold Fusion is the "go to" pedal for slide, no question.

It loves P90 pups on a hollowbody.

Franklin

Gold Supporting Member
I always loved my FD2 with slide, it has the perfect amount of compression and the boost side is hairy enough for that "zipperlike" tone that SBB mentioned above.

I currently use a Analog Man silver modded Boss SD-1, it also works well but seems less compressed!

wichita

My two pedals that I use in combination for slide tone are the Love pedal eternity, and the COT 50...
Or,
The COT 50 with the Dyna Ranger.

mtndog

Platinum Supporting Member
Certainly depends on what tone you favor for slide work, but the Honey Bee gets my vote. All Killer No Filler.

rhmcfarland

Eternity
Ezekiel
BSM

Those all work well for me. Lately, I've tried the Eternity with an IC from Fairchild that does great for getting a "turbo blown George Harrison" tone. Really nice tone...

Randy

eric-d

Hmmm.... I like my OD-808 and BYOC Ranger (I put a different cap to make it sound thicker). Pretty groovy..

Roe

Franklin said:
I always loved my FD2 with slide, it has the perfect amount of compression and the boost side is hairy enough for that "zipperlike" tone that SBB mentioned above.

+ 1

Roe

Franklin said:

+ 1

Trending Topics