Best of the cheap pickups?

tcaron

Looking to replace some Humbucker pickups on my Hagstrom Viking reissue. Looking for a deep, rich but defined sound.

I've tried Gibson '57s, PRS McCarty's and thought I'd try one of the following:

Wilkenson
GFS
Artec

Anything recommendations?

dk123123dk

I've tried some gfs pickups, and they are great for the money. An upgrade over most stock pickups in cheap guitars. Def worth the money.

dk

Richard Guy

Anything from Bill Lawrence (The Bill - Becky - Shannon Lawrences') Great products, very reasonably priced.

rooster

I'd never consider Bill Lawrence's pickups as cheap in anything but price. Great stuff.

rooster.

Bill Brasky

I think the Artecs and GFS may be the same pickups. The GFS pickups sure look identical to the Artec ones. I've been happy with every Kent Armstrong pickup I've tried. They're not as cheap as they used to be but you can probably get them at a discount from a dealer on ebay.

alw

Silver Supporting Member
I really like the Tonerider Alnico IV's I purchased from rjhalsey in the Dealer Emporium here on TGP. W/chrome covers for 70.00/shipped.

KillerV

Stewart MacDonald Golden 50's
+1 I'm using them in one of my guitars at the moment and I really like them - enough to use this guitar as one of my main axes. My other guitars all have more expensive PU's, but I still like these and haven't found any real reason to change them out.

Balok

+1 on the Stew Mac Golden Age buckers. What I like is that they have a 9k PAF model that sounds as good as any Duncan or Dimarzio I've tried.
9k buckers seem to have about the perfect blend of highs and mids for modern high gain amps.

NatDeroxL7

My definition of good cheap buckers are anything you can get for a great price off the emporium

great deals to be had there

Schafrocks

READ WHAT THE OP SAID...

THE BEST OF THE CHEAP PICKUPS.

That does not include Duncans...he doesn't want the pickups you have in your guitars, he wants cheap replacements.
Dude, Duncans are not that expensive. Especially if you buy used off the emporium. He asked for opinions and some people have given them.

Schaf

Schafrocks

READ WHAT THE OP SAID...

THE BEST OF THE CHEAP PICKUPS.

That does not include Duncans...he doesn't want the pickups you have in your guitars, he wants cheap replacements.
Dude, Duncans are not that expensive. Especially if you buy them used. Like off the emporium. He asked for some opinions and people gave them.

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
I look under Guitars & Misc in the emporiums & don't see many pups at all- am I missing something?

B

big brekfest

check out high order pickups. I just put in an order for mine. pretty cheap and they get rave reviews.

Trending Topics