• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

best (or your favorite) spring reverb

theecaptain

I have a 1970 Twin Reverb, but I'm not quite satisfied.

I'm looking to get the type of reverb on this album: https://jefferydragrecords.bandcamp.com/album/hypertension

I think I'd describe it as a dark, spring reverb, but I'm not sure.

I'm looking for reverbs across all price ranges, and haven't decided if I wasn't to go with something simpler (like a Spacman Orion or Malekko Spring Chicken LTD) or something that will facilitate a variety of reverbs (like the Empress Reverb or the Strymon BigSky).

What would you/have you gone with?

Bonus points for other tips/gear to get other tones on the above album (vibrato or tremolo, etc.).

Simpler, straightforward design (updated):
Spaceman Orion
Recovery Endless Summer mkII
Malekko Spring Chicken LTD
Digitech Polara
Hardwire Supernatural
Catalinbread Topanga

Full feature options (updated):
Empress Reverb
Strymon BigSky
Eventide Space

Last edited:

MemorymanDL

I really enjoy the Malekko Spring Chicken for when I'm using amps that don't have reverb. It really compliments the tone of by EB Fullerton.

I also really love the artwork, even though I wish it was in a smaller box.

theecaptain

Thanks for the responses. To be clear:

1. I want to find a reverb, almost certainly in a pedal format, that has an accurate and tweakable spring and outboard tank reverbs.

2. I would love to have a reverb with an intuitive interface that has tons of algorithms/banks/et cetera to play with.

1 is more important than 2, but I posted here because I would love to achieve both.

Other than the Topanga being added to the list, the Eventide Space has caught my eye, too.

Fuzzr

I don't think there is a better Reverb than what a Fender has. Good luck on your search.

Trending Topics