Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dogwalker, Feb 8, 2008.
I know there is a thread somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it. Any recommendations?
I am pretty fond of both the bad monkey and the DS-1. Heres one of the threads discussing low gain OD's for a Vox.
Excellent - thanks! I appreciate it..
marked for a friend...
I have a number of valve amps - 75 Fender Vibrosonic Reverb (basically a Twin with 15 inch speaker); Trace Elliot Velocette Twin and an old AC30 - one of the real ones made in England.
- The AC30 takes to pedals SO much better than the other two - I have had great success with the following:-
- RATS - vintage reissue is majorly undervalued IMO and sounds awesome through the AC30. - mine's a 1991 "woodcutter" version.
- PEARL OD-050 - I own a number of TS variants (HBE Power Screamer and Menatone Blue Collar - both great) but this old Pearl sounded HUGE through the Vox - regrettably I sold it but really it was just a gorgeous tone....
- ROSS DISTORTION - much better version of the MXR D+ circuit - tan model kills the black one - this pedal is grossly undervalued - turn up your Vox and push up the level on your ROSS and be totally blown away....
- IBANEZ OD850 - the legendary orange overdrive - really the best Big Muff pedal ever built IMO - dines`out on my DAM Ram Head!) - pure wall of noise effect - hard to find but nothing beats it.
- HOT CAKE - enough has been said about this!!!! - Great AC30 match
- MENATONE TOP BOOST IN A CAN - some say the "Vox on Vox" thing is too much - WRONG - it sounds perfect and much better through my Vox than Fender
Basically ANYTHING works great through an AC30 - i would go Pearl OD05 for TS stuff; ROSS tan for "distortion" - cheap too - look on e bay - and RAT vintage e-issue for heavy stuff.
Hope this helps!!!!!
For OD, I like the Crowther Hotcake with my AC30CCH.
Just bought a HOTCAKE tonight. Should be delivered by late next week. Thanks to all who answered
Overdrive - Timmy
Distortion to Overdrive - Rat
I liked the sound of the hotcake, but it's a bit of a one trick deal. You really gotta like the trick to use it.