Best overdrive for the BlackHeart Head?

mxr2000

Hello guys: New with the BlackHeart 5 watts amp, with a lovely 70's marshall style sound. But like many around look for more drive,so for those using this "Little Monster",which is the best pedal to get more singing gain and good crunch without taking over the amp character..:RoCkIn

Iceman8.6

Fully cranked it does have that early 70's Marshall thing going on. I wonder how it would do with a clean boost?

mxr2000

well i did try it with a Bad Monkey and loved the sound. but found the monkey color a bit in a way i don't like.. but thats is my thing got to try it with a mojo vibe and a Sybil fuzz pedal..

jamison162

I have the 5w combo and I love the way it sounds. However, I am finding that my pedals don't sound that great with it. Maybe I'm just spoiled in running through my Orange RV50's clean channel.

Iceman8.6

Well there is a lot of clean boost/overdrive pedals available. Might have to pick one up and try it. Its figuring out which one thats the hard part.

Zim

Silver Supporting Member
I like my Red Snapper in mine, if that helps. But I like my Red Snapper in about any amp, lol.

handyman11

Gold Supporting Member
Got mine last night ..only had a few minutes , but even with the volume at about 2-3 , through my Avatar 2X12 , sounded good, and fairly loud ...with the Keeley Ds-1 , got a real nice crunch .....

toomuchgear

I just got my head yesterday. I'm running it through a home made solid birch 1x12 partially open-back cab loaded with an 8 ohm Eminence Swamp Thang speaker. So far I've tried an Ibanez TS808, TS9 and a Fulltone OCD using a variety of Strats and Les Pauls. While the head responds well to all three pedals, it absolutely LOVES the OCD (which I'm powering with 18v) coupled with a Les Paul. I have yet to find an amp that doesn't love that Fulltone pedal.

JumpMarine

cool!!!! hey is there anybody using this head with a zvex box of rock?
I am running both a BOR and an OCD into my head and they both sound incredible. The BOR very narrowly beats out the OCD tonally, but I'd be happy with either one if that's all I had. BTW, this head is being run into an Avatar Vintage G112 openback with a Hellatone 30. Killer little rig!

I also did a little tube swapping and ened up right back were I started with the stock tubes.

SoCalSteve

Can you guys get into classic rock type gain with these 5 watt Blackhearts? At a minimum, AC/DC crunch? Maybe VH/Judas Priest/Black Sabbath as well?

JoshuaTSP

I'm using a 3 way modded RAT with my BH head....you can get an earlier metallica type chug with that.....otherwise I'm also using an FDII, which sounds great. kind of like a slighty higher gain Stones type sound.

trumpus

Silver Supporting Member
I've been using mine with a Tim and think is sounds great - maybe not Marshally, but definately takes the Tim well

JoshuaTSP

I've been using mine with a Tim and think is sounds great - maybe not Marshally, but definately takes the Tim well
I don't hear any marshall in the Blackheart Little Giant......If anything it sounds like I had always wanted my Orange AD30 to sound.
:horse

alberob

I don't have a Blackheart,I have an Epiphone Jr. and it just screams when I use a Little Big Muff Pi'.:AOK

Trending Topics