Best Overdrive Tone With Fuchs!! Clip Too!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Tag, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

I adjusted the Emerald pros trimmers, and the Fuchs is still WAY smoother!! It is also giving me that straining sound! VERY VERY GOOD!! The Fuchs is giving me the smoothest overdrive tone I have ever heard. It is KILLING me! Im back to playing rock for a while, and I have not done that in a LONG time. LOL!! I plugged in my PRS CU22\Rosewood neck, put the mic right in front of the speaker, and did two takes. the first half is the first take, the second half is the second take, because I was messing up real bad. :( WHAT FUN!!! Really rusty in this style, but the tone is KILLING!! I have the bright switch on, and am actually TRYING to get it to buzz with all of the high fret playing. SMOOOTH!!!!!!!!!!! :dude
    Listen to the top clip here
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=121826

2. big hair

big hair Member

sounds really nice Tag, and this is coming through my rubbish laptop speakers too :cool:

3. procos

procos Supporting Member

In the Grouse woods or on the golf course
    Unforunately when I click on the link it doesn't take me to your clip.

Chuck

4. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

DAMN, Tag!!!

Really, really sweet..............hate to tell you, bud......THAT may be your real voice, not clean, straight-ahead jazz.

You were singing on that.

Not really "rock"....but GOOD!

- Jim

5. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

Chuck,
    Use the link in his sig......

- Jim

6. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

It doesn't sound particulalry smooth to me, but maybe we mean different things by smooth.

Bryan

7. procos

procos Supporting Member

In the Grouse woods or on the golf course
    Thanks Jim. Got it. Sounds great.

Chuck

8. Frankenstrat2

Frankenstrat2 Member

Well...you know me and clips, but I gotta say- I really dug it. 2nd half particularly. Sounds like you were pretty inspired and got nasty too.
    While I was there I scanned down and listened to the Em pro-Dumble tone clip. If thats what an Em Pro sounds like doing the Robben/Dumble thing, I'll take the Fuchs mod tone any day.
    Judging by the clips, of course, YMMV, etc. etc.
    By 'smooth' I take it to mean when you dial in edge or bright, or teeth, or whatever you want to call it, its all of the 'good tones' with none of the 'bad tones'? In that case, well- yeah.
    And dude- I know you've gone of into the more 'serious jazz stuff', but thats some great power riffing you threw out there.
    Renewed respect. :dude
    The cool thing about the SLX is that its all about what you're going for. Joejazzguitar wanted that smooth Carlton tone out of his SLX and according to him, got it in spades. I'm more into the 'Renegade Gentlemen' tones as a reference, and my SLX will do that too and so much more. Definitely not a one trick pony.

9. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Silver Supporting Member

Tag, that is absolutely my favorite clip you've ever posted and I think the tone really suits your playing. Hell, I may have to buy one of these based on that clip alone. Did you have Scott mod your amp or is this something Fuchs is offering now?

10. fig

fig Member

Hey Tag - My mod doesn't sound ANYTHING like that at this point!! That sounds excellent! Great playing too!

I think shipping messed mine up a little. :(

Nothing a tweak here and there can't fix.
    But I'll get it to sounding like yours . . . hopefully.

BTW, what speakers are you using?

11. Rick0

Rick0 Member

12. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

Yep That sound great!!! Truly fine tone, that's what i call smooooth :dude

13. fatback

fatback Member

Now THAT was a head-kickin'!

:D
    Great tone and playing Tag. It ended too soon so I had to listen twice.;)
    How about a clip of some Chapin S -->Fuchs.

14. SteveK

SteveK Supporting Member

Great clip TAG! Having been a Fuchs afficianado for a number of years now myself, it's great to see/hear Andy and his staff getting the well deserved kudos for the product they are putting out. As stated previously, there is no ONE sound in these amps...the palette of available tones is indeed infinite. No they won't sound exactly like a Marshall, Fender, Vox, D*mble, etc., but why would you want them to? I have 2 Fuchs ODS heads and cabs, (plus a new combo cab) and a Fuchs ODS modded Fender DRRI...I have never been happier with my amps. Might have to pick up a Triple ODS eventually though...just 'cause ;) :D

15. BobbyRay

BobbyRay Supporting Member

I distinctly remember telling you that you better hear what scottl has been doing.

Man that sounded great. The amp sounds fantastic, and the player sure knows how to exploit that.

Good stuff Tag!

16. FlyingVBlues

FlyingVBlues Gold Supporting Member

Tag,

I think I've listened to every clip you've posted over the past couple of years, and this one is the best by far in terms of both tone and the passion that comes through the music. There's a quote from Leonardo da Vinci that goes something like "the supreme misfortune is when theory outstrips performance". That didn't happen in this case. And Andy and Scott are really on to something. Great stuff.

FVB

17. BobbyRay

BobbyRay Supporting Member

Oh and BTW!

Thanks alot. I just sold an amp today and was looking for a used ODS 50. After this thread I think that Fuchs are going to be a little harder to come by.

:eek:

18. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

:dude :dude :dude

SSHWEEEEETNESS! Tag! That's your amp bro! One of your best clips to date without a doubt IMHO. The coolest thing is I'm hearing damn near exactly the same type thing from my own rig! Of course you'll be happy to hear I'm playing my ODS/ SLX through a Bruno 4X12 cab! he he he..:D

Steve

Oh yeah... she's loaded with all Blue alnicos of course!

19. Tag

Thanks for listening everyone! Im glad so many guys are digging smooth overdrive! Lol! Sure beats the killer bee tone. ;) Between this and my Cowtippers, I am in complete tonal heaven. Me happy. :)

20. Tag

Hey Fig,
    Your clip a while back was every bit as good or better than this one! Remember I posted in your thread, and your clip was what got me all excited about sending the amp to Scott in the first place! VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!