Best Page/Beck, Tonebender ped?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JackButler, Sep 14, 2006.

1. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

I was hearing lots about the DAM pedals. What all is there? I would prefer an improved Bender. Creamy tones wanted. Other makers?

2. taylorooney

taylorooney Active Member

FULLTONE SOULBENDER or build your own clone MKII fuzz

3. jgyn

jgyn Member

Throbak Stone Bender.

4. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

What "improvements" are you looking for? The Throbak, Retroman, and Pedalworx clones are all MKII clones with modern features like a bias knob. D*A*M is the one to get get if you want an original, but can't afford an original. It's as close as you will get without a time machine.

5. JackButler

Well, I had a VintageFX Colorsound take and it was a nice and actually versatile pedal, especially at that price point,b ut it lacked creaminess.

6. Grap

Grap Member

'76 Colorsound Overdrive. Like the one I gave away in 1980 :D

I bought a Marshapp JMP Mark II 50 Watt 2x12 combo and thought that I didn't need a distortion pedal anymore 'cos I had a Marshall with a master volume. So I sold my Eros Les Paul Copy and my solid state 1x12 combo built by a guy called Les Pearson near Doncaster[1] for a hundred quid to a mate a college (Hi Liam) so that I could go on holiday. I threw in the Colorsound to sweeten the deal.

How were we to know eh?

1) He was cloning Marshall heads in his living room and selling them to guys on the club circuit from the late 60's onwards. He made them cheaper than you could buy a Carlsboro, HH, whatever. My Dad had one of his PA clones. He threw it out with the trash in about 1990, a month or so if before I asked him if he still had it...

7. loosegroove

loosegroove Member

I think that the Prescription Electronics Yard Box is a highly underrated box. It was the first fuzz pedal that really struck me as musical (this was in 1998, when there weren't many boutique options relative to how it is now).

8. JackButler

Are the BYOC ones pretty creamy, I want creamy. Did I mention creamy?

9. Bullhonky Deluxe

Bullhonky Deluxe Supporting Member

+1 on the Yardbox and Soulbender.