Best Pedal Board

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bloozman, May 17, 2006.

1. Bloozman

Bloozman Member

Im currently using a Boss PCB 90 pedal board which is made out of molded plastic..I can see its not gonna last too long...Anyone have any suggestions as to a stronger pedal board to use...One that maybe has an ATA style case?...Thanks Bloozman

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

if you need the space (3' by 14"), you can't beat the tonebone boneyard. That thing is indestructable, though you have to get your own power supply.

3. enickma

enickma Member

+++++1 The coolest thing about the boneyard is the pre-cut slots under the board. All your power supplies and cables can be attached underneath, and through the slots you can connect each pedals cables, thereby keeping your board amazingly clean looking. It basically will look like you just have pedals on your board without all the spiderweb mess of cables.

4. sunysideup

sunysideup Member

does it have any hardshell to carry around?

5. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

I have had the Boneyard on backorder, it should be here the first week of June.

6. trucks

trucks Member

I have a NGM Pedalboard Systems pedalboard which is absolutely wonderful. In addition to an ATA case, it has lots of cool features and is extremely sturdy.

They are running a sale at the moment. Check them out here:

http://www.ngmpedalboards.com/pedalboards.html

7. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

I've got a Trailer Trash double wide that is the best board I've ever used, but until I get an ATA case for her (came with a killer carry bag tho' - just not made for touring in it) I'll be using my Pedaltrain cuz it has a road case. You can't go wrong with either tho' as far as quality & functionality - the TT is the absolute f*ckin A-bomb of boards. :D

8. jonleecourage

jonleecourage Member

9. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I bought the recommended radial yardbag, which is a soft keyboard bag but works awesomely and is sturdy as hell.

for hardshell cases, www.stompin-ground.com is a great resource

10. Bloozman

Bloozman Member

I remember at last years NAAM show there was a company that made a "grate" style board that had velcro on it to attach pedals to it...The whole "grate" then fit into an ATA style Aluminum case...anyone know the name of this thing?...Thanks Bloozman

11. Bloozman

Bloozman Member

AHA!!! I found it...Its called .."A STEP UP"...Made by Pedaltrain..anyone have one of these?...Bloozman

12. mep

mep Supporting Member

I have to agree on the Trailer Trash being the best board out there, but they are expensive and you would have to buy a flight case to go with it.

I bought one from Music Toyz and did a little customization to it to make it just like one of the full featured ones from Trailer Trash. It saved me a lot of bucks and I had fun doing it.

13. Bloozman

Bloozman Member

I was just looking at the Trailer Trash on line...What holds the pedals in place?..The top of the board looks smooth!!

14. Mac-P

Mac-P Member

The MKS Pedal Pad is the deal as far as pro gear is concerned for my taste. Two levels, power supply, routing options, and just overall great construction.
    http://www.pedalpad.com/

I like the Pedaltrain for a more "low key" sort of board (less of the "oh my - look, at this guy's pedal board").

And for what it is worth, the Boss plastic boards usually last forever. The latches may give out, but those boards are indestructable molded plastic. By big beef with them is how much space is wasted, but I still have my original Boss BCB-6 from the 80's and aside from the latches giving out, the board is perfect. I don't use it anymore (nor do I use Boss effects anymore except for a DM-2), but I have to give props where they are due.

:D

15. Bloozman

Bloozman Member

I was just looking at the MKS..Looks nice, and BTW...The latches on my Boss board are going as we speak..maybe if what you say is true about them lasting forever means an investment in a Bungee cord to keep the boss together is all I need?

:RoCkIn

16. mep

mep Supporting Member

Regarding the Trailer Trash pedals and what holds them in place. On the hard-top boards, they use a dual lock type of velcro that holds them in place really, really well. You have to pry them off to get it loose.

Mine is the Vel-top and it uses a velcro created material that is smooth feeling (almost like felt or flannel). For the velcro strips that go on the pedals, he sends a very fine hook side. This velcro holds very well also. In fact, the boards are supplied with a plastic tool used to separate the pedal from the board. The pedals stay positioned where you place them.

17. enickma

enickma Member

Go to finecases.com, and click on the close out section for keyboard cases. This case fits the boneyard EXACTLY ... I have 14 pedals on my boneyard, and I can literally hold the case upside down open and the boneyard will stay put. Here's the case you want

ProTec 35-16 35" Keyboard Case #SP178
    Returned Item
    Excellent/Mint "A"
    5-Year Warranty[​IMG]Measures 35" x 16" x 5.5" ProTec's soft-shell keyboard cases incorporate a durable plywood frame and rigid impact-resistant foam. Each keyboard case features a roomy exterior pocket and shoulder strap. Most models offer enough interior room to store extra cables, discs, or other accessories.Save 63%
    Your Price $29.95

with shipping 45 bucks total. Have to warn you though about the boneyards carpet. Start lifting weights because you will need both hands and a crane to rip your velcro'd pedals off of it ! It's industrial strength carpet they use

18. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

one of the pedaltrains....they're all available w/ gig bags now too.......if you want to know the meaning of sturdy and indestructable

19. Bloozman

Bloozman Member

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions..I gotta do some shopping now!!

:BEER

20. karlo

karlo Member

I have a pedal board and amp case both from Tour Master Cases in Anaheim <www.TMCases.com>. I'm a huge fan. Mark is a great guy to work with, and the quality is superb.